-
Senior Member
The problem with Howland is also how he would likely play. Yes, he showed the ability to play up-tempo at UCLA, but I think that was largely in response to criticism from their fanbase. If he takes over DePaul, he'll likely slow it down and try to win grind-it-out games. It will work, I'm sure he'll win some with it, but it won't be appealing to the eyes. It will take at least 2-3 years before he can really start winning there, I'd imagine, and watching a losing slow-down program won't win many new fans. He'd be a terrible hire. Maybe not the kind that would set the program back like Wainwright and Purnell did, but more likely the kind that would just have the program stagnating for a decade.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules