Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So about the ACC in MSG

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Except that the NHL is thriving away from Mickey Mouse in spite of having the dumbest commissioner in the history of sports. If the NHL had someone with a clue in charge, they would be fighting to be the number two sport in this country.

Along these lines, I wish that FS1 had the NHL and EPL contracts. I think those two contracts could help FS1 really differentiate itself from The Mouse.
    Yeah, but how long did that take? The NHL was basically reduced to gutter trash for years and years before they started to make a resurgence. ESPN definitely put the screws to them for quite awhile. Even now hockey doesn't get close to the coverage on ESPN that it did when they had it on their airwaves, and the average sports fan goes there first.

Agreed, especially on the EPL. It was a huge mistake by Fox Sports to let that get away. It's a niche market, but it's a growing niche market and one they could have exclusively marketed to.

I've said this before, but I expect Fox to go huge after the Big Ten rights after their agreement with ESPN ends in 2016. The B10 is going to cash in big time in a couple of years and Fox is really going to want that programming to fill up FS1 in both the fall and the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Agreed, especially on the EPL. It was a huge mistake by Fox Sports to let that get away. It's a niche market, but it's a growing niche market and one they could have exclusively marketed to.
    True... but for those that love the beautiful game, NBC has been a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    True... but for those that love the beautiful game, NBC has been a godsend.
    I didn't know NBC was showing Lingerie Football.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I've said this before, but I expect Fox to go huge after the Big Ten rights after their agreement with ESPN ends in 2016. The B10 is going to cash in big time in a couple of years and Fox is really going to want that programming to fill up FS1 in both the fall and the spring.
    Fox is also a majority 51% owner of the BTN per its wiki page! In addition to providing the operating support for BTN.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Fox is also a majority 51% owner of the BTN per its wiki page! In addition to providing the operating support for BTN.
    That could make things very interesting. Could you imagine if Fox, in conjunction with the BTN had rights to all Big 10 sporting events? That would really hit ESPN, as they currently get the first two or maybe even three picks for Big 10 football each week. Not sure about hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    That could make things very interesting. Could you imagine if Fox, in conjunction with the BTN had rights to all Big 10 sporting events? That would really hit ESPN, as they currently get the first two or maybe even three picks for Big 10 football each week. Not sure about hoops.

What the Big Ten did so well is set themselves up for this. No other major college sports contracts are due until the middle of the 2020s and the only major professional sports contract due soon is the NBA one. (And the NBA will probably exceed by 50% what they are currently making under their current deals.)

If Fox can get the Big Ten, and the NBA, it really could be a game changer for FS1. And ultimately could help the BE considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    What the Big Ten did so well is set themselves up for this. No other major college sports contracts are due until the middle of the 2020s and the only major professional sports contract due soon is the NBA one. (And the NBA will probably exceed by 50% what they are currently making under their current deals.)

If Fox can get the Big Ten, and the NBA, it really could be a game changer for FS1. And ultimately could help the BE considerably.
    Who'da thunk the Big Ten could be our salvation? FS1 does need an uptick, and the Big Ten would certainly give it that. It'd be interesting to see if a Big Ten move to Fox might mean the end of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Maybe Ten/East in the future?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456