Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Copa America on FOX/FS1

Ratings have been pretty good for Copa America on FS1. I'll guess 1.6 million tonight.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Ratings have been pretty good for Copa America on FS1. I'll guess 1.6 million tonight.
    About 1.4 million for the USA's 2nd game? Colin Cowherd had an interesting take on soccer and the tournament.

Discussing if soccer has "officially" replaced hockey as the fourth most popular sport is just so Cowherd. And just what is so annoying about sports media today.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Discussing if soccer has "officially" replaced hockey as the fourth most popular sport is just so Cowherd. And just what is so annoying about sports media today.
    I wouldn't know, just saw this segment on a postgame show a few nights ago. I think it is comparing apples and oranges. Hard to compare national team soccer to a domestic league (NHL). However, soccer's evolution in America has been impressive.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 06-11-2016 at 03:48 PM.

Wow!!! USA likely expected Colombia to take care of Costa Rica, who the USA beat 4-0. Costa Rica just scored and is up 3-1 on #3 in the world Colombia. FS2. If USA finishes 1st in Group A, they avoid Brazil in the Quarterfinals.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Wow!!! USA likely expected Colombia to take care of Costa Rica, who the USA beat 4-0. Costa Rica just scored and is up 3-1 on #3 in the world Colombia. FS2. If USA finishes 1st in Group A, they avoid Brazil in the Quarterfinals.

LIKELY avoid. Brazil still has to not lose to Peru.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    LIKELY avoid. Brazil still has to not lose to Peru.
    That is right. USA could play Brazil or Peru. Even Ecuador if Brazil/Peru tied and Ecuador made up for a large goal differential in a win (unlikely).
    Last edited by mufan2003; 06-12-2016 at 02:53 PM.

So Thursday will see the biggest US soccer game in quite awhile. Big crowd in Seattle for the Copa quarters against Ecuador.

And it's going right up against Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

I wonder how much Fox would like to move kickoff to 6:00 Central to avoid that conflict.

That is tough for FOX, especially because it is Game 6...
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

It's on FS1, not FOX.

They knew this might be coming as Game 6 date, was set last year.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 06-14-2016 at 10:42 AM.
    March Madness starts in November

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast