Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MU vs Seton Hall game thread....

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Reduce the minutes of the seniors in favor of whom? The seniors continue to lead by example through their hard work, if not talent. That is value in and of itself.
    Yeah, yeah. I hear you...but the wins are not coming. My idea is to start the underclassmen pending Saturday's outcome and use the seniors appropriately off the bench. Obviously, they would probably still get 20-25 minutes ( though less than the current 30-35 minutes ).

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Yeah, yeah. I hear you...but the wins are not coming. My idea is to start the underclassmen pending Saturday's outcome and use the seniors appropriately off the bench. Obviously, they would probably still get 20-25 minutes ( though less than the current 30-35 minutes ).

What's the point of that? 5-10 minutes of extra game time that they don't truly deserve isn't going to help them significantly (if at all.) When I read stuff like that, I think it is more to satisfy our curiosity more than anything else.

I truly think that the best long run option is to give the minutes to those who deserve it - to show the young guys you get the minutes you deserve. You see that happening now with Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    I think that is insulting to Juan and Derrick. They deserve to play so they should play.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    What's the point of that? 5-10 minutes of extra game time that they don't truly deserve isn't going to help them significantly (if at all.) When I read stuff like that, I think it is more to satisfy our curiosity more than anything else.

I truly think that the best long run option is to give the minutes to those who deserve it - to show the young guys you get the minutes you deserve. You see that happening now with Sandy.
    Totally agree.......Wojo is building a culture and that is the only way you do it....

OK, I'll buy in. Lets see what happens. Really don't have many options anyway. Though, I think we will see Sandy in the starting lineup by the end of the season. Given that JJ is 0-14 from trey-land in BE play, I would think the staff would give him a red light for shots outside the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    and it wasn't just in favor of Seton Hall. What I really couldn't believe is that when Seton Hall was coming down court with the ball, Carlino reached from behind trying to pop the ball out. About 75% of those included contact where there should have been a foul. Zero fouls called on them, so Carlino kept it up as if to say, "I'm going to keep doing this until they call it." He reached harder and harder every time, no calls.
    Agree 100%. It amazed me how often Carlino made those slaps with no calls. Then we start to come back and there's more calls on both ends. Just really disrupted any flow.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456