Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MU vs Seton Hall game thread....

Quote Originally Posted by goldenlegal22 View Post
    Yes we are losing and they aren't to blame but some of these calls, or lack thereof, is mind boggling.
    The second half reffing was horribly inconsistent. When SHU was running to the lead, there were no calls being made at all. Okay fine, then let them play. We start to come back and suddenly there's a whistle every trip. Just no way to build momentum back. We lost because of the 17-2 run but the uneven whistles at the end kept us from getting back into it.

I really wanted Wojo to get his money's worth on a late T. Game was fine until Clougherty decided it was his stage.

Well at least we're helping more Big East teams make the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    If I read any more about how JJJ deserves more PT I will lose it. Avoiding Scoop at all costs for sure.
    Agree. JJJ is a very disappointing player. Really looking like this kid was ranked way to high in HS.
    That guy Ners has made the Scoop board virtually unreadable. He blasts Wojo every opportunity he gets for not giving JJJ more minutes. I just don't see it. He seems like a very nice you man, but his play is very weak.

What Ners or whatever his name is apparently doesn't understand is that you EARN playing time in practice with your effort and your ability to impact the game. At this point, Wojo is more comfortable playing Cohen bigger minutes than JJJ. And that is a direct result of how those two are bringing it every day on the practice floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
    What Ners or whatever his name is apparently doesn't understand is that you EARN playing time in practice with your effort and your ability to impact the game. At this point, Wojo is more comfortable playing Cohen bigger minutes than JJJ. And that is a direct result of how those two are bringing it every day on the practice floor.
    At this point, I severely question the basketball intelligence of anyone that believes JJ is better then Cohen. I think Cohen will be an all-conference level player here while JJ is putting up 15 inefficient points per game at Tennessee Tech.
    #BringShakaHome

Everyone championing Jajuan for more minutes and calling out some Wojo conspiracy loses all credibility because of Sandy. Since the DePaul DNP, his minutes have gone up (12.6 in first 3 Big East games, 24.0 in last 3 Big East games), his scoring has gone up (6.1 ppg in conference), his defense has improved, and he's still hitting from beyond the arc (42.1%). All this while in the most difficult part of the season.

If Jajuan was doing any of that, he'd be getting more minutes, I have no doubt. He's not, so he isn't. Sandy earned minutes in short, effective stints, and continues to earn them by stretching those into longer, effective stints. I am very excited to see him, Duane, and Henry all on the court together next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    When SHU was running to the lead, there were no calls being made at all.
    and it wasn't just in favor of Seton Hall. What I really couldn't believe is that when Seton Hall was coming down court with the ball, Carlino reached from behind trying to pop the ball out. About 75% of those included contact where there should have been a foul. Zero fouls called on them, so Carlino kept it up as if to say, "I'm going to keep doing this until they call it." He reached harder and harder every time, no calls.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Refs and foul calls and non-foul calls had zilch to do with the outcome of this game. MU's zone was very inactive last night. Listening to Wojo on the way home on the post-game show, he alluded to SHU's 27% trey shooting and he kind of suggested that MU was challenging them to shoot the 3s. SHU was wide open from 3-Land all night long and MU reciprocated with its own launches as this game quickly became a Summer League 3-pont shooting contest. MU was very fortunate to be down only 4 at half-time. That was an ugly game for MU. Time to play for the future and reduce the minutes for the seniors ( note that they were all on the court during SHU's run to 47-30 ). Also note that SHU only played 8 guys with 24 minutes from its bench compared to 49 for MU, so the short roster was no excuse last night.

Also, transition defense was poor as it was in the 2nd half of the G-Town game (see Tre Campbell).
    Last edited by Nukem2; 01-29-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Refs and foul calls and non-foul calls had zilch to do with the outcome of this game. MU's zone was very inactive last night. Listening to Wojo on the way home on the post-game show, he alluded to SHU's 27% trey shooting and he kind of suggested that MU was challenging them to shoot the 3s. SHU was wide open from 3-Land all night long and MU reciprocated with its own launches as this game quickly became a Summer League 3-pont shooting contest. MU was very fortunate to be down only 4 at half-time. That was an ugly game for MU. Time to play for the future and reduce the minutes for the seniors ( note that they were all on the court during SHU's run to 47-30 ). Also note that SHU only played 8 guys with 24 minutes from its bench compared to 49 for MU, so the short roster was no excuse last night.
    Reduce the minutes of the seniors in favor of whom? The seniors continue to lead by example through their hard work, if not talent. That is value in and of itself.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast