Thread: Big East Turnament bracket (through 2/7/16)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Big East Turnament bracket (through 2/7/16)

OK time to fire up the weekly look at the BE conference tournament bracket. This has been depressing the past few years!

Anyway, here is the movement since last Sunday:
    Seton Hall +2
    Butler +1
    Providence -1
    Georgetown -1
    Marquette -1

Great that the Big East Championship is at 4:30pm on network tv and avoid going head to head with the ACC.

Second, AT&T customers will not be watching darts this year.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Great that the Big East Championship is at 4:30pm on network tv and avoid going head to head with the ACC.

Second, AT&T customers will not be watching darts this year.
    Nope. That's just a goofy time.

Here we go, why is 5:30pm ET/4:30pm on Saturday night a goofy time?

We will go from 300,000 viewers to over a million viewers.

Here we go, why is 5:30pm ET/4:30pm on Saturday night a goofy time?

We will go from 300,000 viewers to over a million viewers.
    Its still a goofy time for a BB championship game. The extra viewers are from the Fox mothership.

You keep saying goofy, what makes it that? Cause, it's not at 8pm ET? In the old days, the Big East Title game was in the day. This in not in the early afternoon, it's in the early evening! A great viewership time on a Saturday. Yes, while the extra viewer do come from being on network TV, the time window will be a huge factor.

You avoid the ACC Title Game and it's after the Big Ten semi's on CBS. You are only going head to head in the major games with the Big 12 on ESPN and Mt. West Title Game on CBS.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 02-08-2016 at 09:35 AM.

You keep saying goofy, what makes it that? Cause, it's not at 8pm ET? In the old days, the Big East Title game was in the day. This in not in the early afternoon, it's in the early evening! A great viewership time on a Saturday. Yes, while the extra viewer do come from being on network TV, the time window will be a huge factor.

You avoid the ACC Title Game and it's after the Big Ten semi's on CBS. You are only going head to head in the major games with the Big 12 on ESPN and Mt. West Title Game on CBS.
    What are "the old days"? I always remember the Big East title game being Sat. night. ESPN/ACC moved their title game to the traditional Big East slot to compete and the Big East had to move their time earlier in response to that. I don't have a problem with the time, and I think it's great the game is on FOX, but this is clearly a reaction to ESPN/ACC.

I guess we agree to disagree.

You don't remember it being on CBS with Jim Nantz and Billy Packer. It wasn't until 1996 when the Big East moved to ESPN.

https://vimeo.com/59779922
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 02-09-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Part of me would rather see us playing into Villanova because I feel we match up better, but we've played so well against Xavier that I hope if we end up in the Wednesday games, XU is our next opponent. Two of Henry's three best Big East performances came against X and if we had held it together for 4 more minutes we could have stole that on Saturday. Third time just might be the charm.