Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giannis

Wouldn't be surprised if the Bucks are forced to trade him. If he won't sign an extension in the off-season, they'll have no choice but to trade him.

The Bucks screwed up last offseason. They let the wrong guard leave. They should have re-signed Brogdon and let Bledsoe leave or work out a sign-and-trade deal. Bledsoe can't shoot and you can't have two non-shooters (Giannis being the other) on the court at the same time. It can work in the regular season but not in playoffs when teams really clamp down defensively. Brogdon is simply a much better overall player and he doesn't cost much more than Bledsoe.

By all accounts they aren't trading him.

Brogdon didn't want to be here....didn't like Milwaukee.

I guess I'm glad he's not asking out of MKE now. But if this plays out with them not winning a title next year, and Giannis leaving as a FA, they're in far worse shape to rebuild.

I understand how good GA is, but man, watching LeBron last night... the gap is still pretty big. Part of it is shooting ability, but LeBron's basketball IQ is off the charts good.

You may also want to look at the stats before you call Brogdan for sure the better overall player. For instance, he was a worse shooter, both from 3 point land and EFG%, than Bledsoe was this year. I would call Brogdan the better ball handler, and yeah I think Bledsoe isn't as good as the PG needs to be, but "a much better overall player" isn't really accurate.

In retrospect, a guy like Terry Rozier would have been a better choice. (And I know that was part of a sign and trade and may never have been possible.) Better overall shooter than both of them.

The biggest problem this team has is the inability to put the ball on the ground and get a basket. I think one of the TNT guys said this last evening, but someone like Lou Williams would be perfect on this team as a change up. Instead they have a bunch of spot shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    I guess I'm glad he's not asking out of MKE now. But if this plays out with them not winning a title next year, and Giannis leaving as a FA, they're in far worse shape to rebuild.

I understand how good GA is, but man, watching LeBron last night... the gap is still pretty big. Part of it is shooting ability, but LeBron's basketball IQ is off the charts good.
    Completely disagree with this given the NBA is a superstar driven league. You don't typically get one of those picking outside the top 5 or so. It would need to be a one step back to take a few forward approach, IMO. Maybe a complete teardown if he were to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Regarding the basketball IQ...

Lebron is 35 years old and has been in the league for 17 years.

Giannis is 25 years old and has been in the league for 7 years.

Pretty hard to compare basketball IQ head to head when one has 10 more years of experience, Giannis is still pretty much a kid learning the game.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

A potentially two time league MVP who's 25? Sign him to the super max and hope it works out.

Not signing him, or if he leaves for elsewhere, and you become Oklahoma City. Good enough to make the playoffs but not really do any damage while you are there.

Brogdan wanted out. For the same amount of money the Pacers paid Brogdon, the Bucks resigned Brook Lopez and Hill, and now have a first round pick in the draft this year. For a guy that wanted out, we did pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    You may also want to look at the stats before you call Brogdan for sure the better overall player. For instance, he was a worse shooter, both from 3 point land and EFG%, than Bledsoe was this year. I would call Brogdan the better ball handler, and yeah I think Bledsoe isn't as good as the PG needs to be, but "a much better overall player" isn't really accurate.

In retrospect, a guy like Terry Rozier would have been a better choice. (And I know that was part of a sign and trade and may never have been possible.) Better overall shooter than both of them.

The biggest problem this team has is the inability to put the ball on the ground and get a basket. I think one of the TNT guys said this last evening, but someone like Lou Williams would be perfect on this team as a change up. Instead they have a bunch of spot shooters.
    Bledsoe also the better defender.....(2nd team all defense).

The guys the who were supposed to make shots for the Bucks didn't make them........Korver, Connaughton, Hill....etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast