Thread: Will Crean be Coaching Next Year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    He has a family that he has dragged around the country the last 20 years.
    20 Years...I'll go with 22 as that is the age of his oldest child... In 22 years he has moved twice, both a short distance to neighboring states. Two of his three kids have only moved once. That is not exactly dragging your family around the country.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    20 Years...I'll go with 22 as that is the age of his oldest child... In 22 years he has moved twice, both a short distance to neighboring states. Two of his three kids have only moved once. That is not exactly dragging your family around the country.
    Fine. Can we say he has traveled himself much of these years on recruiting trips and games? Does his family ever go with him to the away games or other trips? Has he missed many family moments due to the job?

My point is that the job of a college head coach is very difficult for all involved. High rewards of course and I don't feel sorry for them. But it can be tough on the home life and it wouldn't be the worst thing in my opinion to take a step back for a year finding the best fit for his career and family, rather then just what is available.

But I highly doubt he will.