Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big East Schedule coming out on Tuesday!?!

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    College basketball games are still on when the NFL playoffs are going.
    True. Thought FS1 would try to have most tip times before the first NFL playoff game kicks off (3:30pm). Similar to how they avoid the college football playoffs. I assume for most people, between sports bars or an old fashioned cable splitter, having an eye on more than one game at a time is certainly not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    Seriously. What is their point in doing that post???

"When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    True. Thought FS1 would try to have most tip times before the first NFL playoff game kicks off (3:30pm). Similar to how they avoid the college football playoffs. I assume for most people, between sports bars or an old fashioned cable splitter, having an eye on more than one game at a time is certainly not an issue.
    I hear you, but the MLB Playoffs can't avoid the NFL. If everyone didn't play when the NFL was going on, we couldn't get the games in.
    It's a Saturday and it looks like the ESPN family of networks has a full slate of college basketball games as well. It would be poor of FS1 to be dark with no live events on a Saturday, just because the NFL playoffs are going on.

I'm sure the opening on FS1 that Saturday night for Marquette to play at Villanova is caused by the UFC not having an event to avoid the NFL playoffs.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MUWhistler View Post
    Seriously. What is their point in doing that post???
    It's Paint Touches. They seem to pride themselves on being jagoffs about the program they purport to cover.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    It's Paint Touches. They seem to pride themselves on being jagoffs about the program they purport to cover.
    How by pointing out that MU had a similar schedule in 2014 is that being jagoffs?
    "In the words of Bill Simmons, "Because that's how we roll be-yotch!"" -IWB

At least Wojo didn't withdraw from the exempt tournament.
    Last edited by TheSultan; 09-13-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I hear you, but the MLB Playoffs can't avoid the NFL. If everyone didn't play when the NFL was going on, we couldn't get the games in.
    It's a Saturday and it looks like the ESPN family of networks has a full slate of college basketball games as well. It would be poor of FS1 to be dark with no live events on a Saturday, just because the NFL playoffs are going on.

I'm sure the opening on FS1 that Saturday night for Marquette to play at Villanova is caused by the UFC not having an event to avoid the NFL playoffs.
    I am talking NFL playoffs, not regular season NFL games. Similar to how the Big East has avoided the college football playoffs. The NFL only has playoff games on 2 Saturdays (January 6 and January 13). With kickoffs at approximately 3:30pm and 7:00pm. I was just surprised that FS1 would not want most tip times at 11am, 12pm or even 1:30pm, to have the games played before the NFL kicked off. Not that Saturday should be entirely avoided. Anyway, I think your last sentence is probably correct. If there is no UFC that Saturday night, they have a programming need to fill.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 09-13-2017 at 01:49 PM.

MU did play Ohio State, Georgia Tech, Michigan St., Wisconsin and Arizona St. in 2014. G-Town has nothing outside of Syracuse (which is hampered by various departures this season). The rest is really awful. Richmond and Mt. St. Mary's were hard hit by graduation and/or transfer. Woof woof.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Already struggling with attendance, their non-conference turnout is going to be scary. They might give DePaul a run for their money.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast