Thread: This plan to fix one-bid conference tourneys might be radical, but it's also logical

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Why? Each conference can determine their own way of crowning a champ and therefore who gets the automatic bid. If a conference chooses to have a tournament, they have no one to blame but themselves if they end up with a situation like the Horizon this season.
    Actually, I think it would have been good for the Horizon in terms of national press coverage. Not NCAA credits so much though. Had UWM won last night, the Horizon League would have gotten its most national press since Butler made the NCAA Championship Game.

Also, I would have loved for Amanda Braun to eat her words from last year when she said (paraphrase), 'A 5th place finish in the conference regular season didn't warrant a post season tournament.' That would have been awesome to see her backed into a corner with her own words.
    Last edited by DavidBoone2inchesTaller; 03-09-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoone2inchesTaller View Post
    Also, I would have loved for Amanda Braun to eat her words from last year when see said (paraphrase), 'A 5th place finish in the conference regular season didn't warrant a post season tournament.' That would have been awesome to see her backed into a corner with her own words.
    That is pretty good right there DB!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson