Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
(3) A much needed break. It sucks to lose, but these guys finally get a full off-season to rest and work on their craft. The Bucks won the title last year at the end of July, then were back at training camp the last week in September. Jrue and Khris played in the Olympics in August. Yes, they managed them well throughout this past season, but the last 2 years, the schedule was crazy with Covid and winning it all.

(4) Continue to be bothered by the Bucks' defensive philosophy that continuously gives up open 3's (even corner 3's). Statistically, Boston was middle-of-the-pack shooting the 3 as a team. Milwaukee made them look much better by practically making it a shootaround for them with no defensive resistance. Something has to change, part of it may include tweeking personnel.
Wanted to focus on these two points... they looked like a team that played a lot of basketball in the last 18 months. I think it caught up to the Bucks and Suns.

I think the underpinnings of the philosophy are sound, but man, the rigidity to it is hard to take sometimes. I think we'll see some movement in personnel. I don't know if Brook or Portis are here next year.

It's tempting to chalk this up to Midds being out and wanting to run it back, but there were cracks showing all season. They have to get bigger and more athletic at the 2/3. Find some shooting in the draft if you keep the pick. And I would highly encourage Bud to add an offensive coordinator type to his staff. The halfcourt offense was good enough last year, but killed them the other three seasons. Have to find a way to make it translate from regular season to postseason.