Thread: All Milwaukee Metro Area MU Team

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Doesn't there have to be a spot for Tony Smith on at least the second team? Prolific scorer on some historically bad MU teams. He scored even when other coaches game planned to stop him.

Mark,

I didn't include most of those players you mentioned because they were not starters. Neary was, of course, but....I never viewed him as a true starter. (Just my view.)

I never heard of Bob Steber.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Mark,

I didn't include most of those players you mentioned because they were not starters. Neary was, of course, but....I never viewed him as a true starter. (Just my view.)

I never heard of Bob Steber.
    Steber was good at Pius. And Neary...have to agree there.

Randy Buchmann 1971-75 ?? Milw Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by MulliganMusings View Post
    Doesn't there have to be a spot for Tony Smith on at least the second team? Prolific scorer on some historically bad MU teams. He scored even when other coaches game planned to stop him.
    I remember Al Maguire night Tony's senior year against DePaul. At one point, Pat Kennedy had 3 guys on Tony and he still scored on them. He ended up with 41 or 44 and willed us to win. I also saw go against a ranked Fordham team at MSG. The Piano Man at one point posts him up against Fordham's two bigs and has someone throw lobs to Tony who got up and scored over them. It only lasted a few trips before Fordham adjusted but is showed how athletic he was. Tony was scary good in college and to think that he was a casual pick up by Majerus with no story or accolades ('biggest sleeper' anyone).