Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: G-Town Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    That doesn't mean anyone didn't want Dawson, just that it seemed he wasn't ready. And he didn't look it. Wasn't playing the point when he was in, didn't get the defense, he wasn't ready. He's been better tonight, much better in overtime, but that doesn't mean he was ready a month ago.
    Disagree. He finally got his opportunity tonight. He plays 5 minutes against Butler, then gets the majority tonight. Are you telling me that he had an amazing turnaround in one practice?

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    And the work the players had to put in to earn the time has nothing to do with it. Whatever idiot.
    It's not because they gave more effort, or worked harder. Buzz changed the formula, it clearly worked.

By your argument it took ONE PRACTICE for Derrick Wilson's minutes go from 40 to 12 and Dawson's from 5 to 31? ONE DAY healed STJ's injury to the point he can't play Saturday and is good for 23 minutes less than 72 hours later?

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Disagree. He finally got his opportunity tonight. He plays 5 minutes against Butler, then gets the majority tonight. Are you telling me that he had an amazing turnaround in one practice?
    So...did you read my post? Because you really didn't address anything I said, despite quoting me.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    So...did you read my post? Because you really didn't address anything I said, despite quoting me.
    Actually, I did address it. If you can't see that Dawson was outplaying Wilson during regulation, then I can't really help you. The offense was better. There was better ball movement. Guys were getting better shots because he was delivering the ball earlier and in the right spots. His presence opened up space since the defense couldn't sag more on him.

He wasn't being kept out of the lineup because he wasn't ready. If that was the case, then how do you go from playing only 5 minutes to the kind of minutes he had after one day of practice?

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Sultan, I hope you stayed up for this one! It was fun to watch!

I did. Got about four hours of sleep. Gonna be a long day!

I think it's simple. He's a freshman. He looked bad against Butler. Derrick got in foul trouble and he came out and excelled. He may look bad against Nova on Saturday.

If anything we should be thanking Derrick for getting in foul trouble.

But damn I was certainly excited about how he played.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I think it's simple. He's a freshman. He looked bad against Butler. Derrick got in foul trouble and he came out and excelled. He may look bad against Nova on Saturday.

If anything we should be thanking Derrick for getting in foul trouble.

But damn I was certainly excited about how he played.
    So, since Buzz sees Dawson, every day during practice, this is the only time that he feels Dawson is producing, and sticks with him?

So, since Buzz sees Dawson, every day during practice, this is the only time that he feels Dawson is producing, and sticks with him?

I have no idea. I guess we will find out.

Dawson had a few defensive lapses that probably gave Buzz some pause last night. However, Buzz kept him in.

I think that Dawson still struggles with protecting the ball, and had an awful turnover in the first half that Georgetown took for an easy basket. However, if a team is playing zone, Dawson's ability to hit shots and find the open man is more valuable then Derrick's ability to protect the ball. I think Dawson has earned a chance to play in every game now, and will likely have games where he plays more then Derrick. However, I want a steady vet like Derrick to start and we will need a calm presence against the early fury that Nova will unleash against us on Saturday.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast