Thread: Monday's game just got bigger...

Monday's game just got bigger...

With the loss to Nova it just makes Mondays game against Syracuse that much more important, if we win all is back to normal, we will be tied for 2nd with Louisville and if Syracuse can close by beating UL and G'town we'd still have our shot at a 1st place tie. If we lose we fall into trouble of losing the double bye for the Big East tournament, we lose the nations 2nd longest home winning streak, I believe we would be all but eliminated from the conference title race, and while they don't look at last 10 anymore I'm certain a stumble down the stretch would hurt our seeding come March.

Now it's not the end of the world, but it's a far cry from where we were all talking about before the Nova game. This ones a big one for me, I firmly believe this season was a success either way, that said with that success I had readjusted my hopes and would love to see MU beat the traders from Syracuse and hold that home court winning streak!

Buzz did not have a good game last night. He did not react to the zone press very well and the substitution pattern was an overkill. Davante did not have his best game obviously, but he simply has to play more than 11 minutes. Otule may be playing better, but the offense is not very good with him in there so long. Chris was also lagging on defense last night.... Steve Taylor needs to play more. I would start him tomorrow night against Cuse. Juan's energy can be off the bench as Trent's sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Buzz did not have a good game last night. He did not react to the zone press very well and the substitution pattern was an overkill. Davante did not have his best game obviously, but he simply has to play more than 11 minutes. Otule may be playing better, but the offense is not very good with him in there so long. Chris was also lagging on defense last night.... Steve Taylor needs to play more. I would start him tomorrow night against Cuse. Juan's energy can be off the bench as Trent's sub.
    Davante did not deserve to play more than 11 minutes last night. Coach Buzz said as much. Chris played 30 minutes last night. My guess is that could be a career high for him. Even though he was dragging, he was still more productive than Davante. I have no issue with Coach Buzz playing DG 11 minutes. He needs to wake up and play with intensity every second he is out there. He was probably still thinking about how good he is from that spin move he made against SH, high-stepping back down the court. He needs to realize he can't do that against better teams and that his effort needs to be consistent game in and game out.

Definitely a huge game, and if we lose, the Notre Dame game will be huger. Have to think the winner of that game will get a double bye.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    With the loss to Nova it just makes Mondays game against Syracuse that much more important, if we win all is back to normal, we will be tied for 2nd with Louisville and if Syracuse can close by beating UL and G'town we'd still have our shot at a 1st place tie. If we lose we fall into trouble of losing the double bye for the Big East tournament, we lose the nations 2nd longest home winning streak, I believe we would be all but eliminated from the conference title race, and while they don't look at last 10 anymore I'm certain a stumble down the stretch would hurt our seeding come March.

Now it's not the end of the world, but it's a far cry from where we were all talking about before the Nova game. This ones a big one for me, I firmly believe this season was a success either way, that said with that success I had readjusted my hopes and would love to see MU beat the traders from Syracuse and hold that home court winning streak!
    Actually with the loss yesterday, a lot of the luster is now off of tomorrow nights game for me. It actually started with Georgetown beating Cuse. Had Cuse won that and MU took care of business yesterday, by beating Cuse tomm, they would have controlled their own destiny. I also predicted that they would win out if the beat Cuse tomm. They still might, but even then, it could mean no BE title, or at least a shared one, where as, had things gone a little differently yesterday they had a great chance to win it outright. Either way, without a solo BE title(and now you need help to get that), any sort of tie with GT and UL for the BE title, or both, MU will likely NOT be the #1 seed for the BET. They blew a gigantic opportunity yesterday. So tomorrow's game though important, isn't NEARLY as important as it could have been 24 hours ago. It's disappointing. It seems like whenever MU has had a chance to do something "special" in recent years, they haven't gotten it done.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Definitely a huge game, and if we lose, the Notre Dame game will be huger. Have to think the winner of that game will get a double bye.
    Not necessarily...if Cincy can somehow beat ND today, I'd have to run the tiebreakers, but I THINK MU would only need to go 1-1 next week to be in great shape for a top 4 seed. They'd be 1 up with two to go. Win them both with a ND loss today and they MAY clinch.

You gotta look at things in perspective, entering conference play I don't think anyone who was realistic thought we would have a chance to even be co-champs. Heck some people even questioned if we would make the NCAA tournament this year, this year has been a success even if the finish might not be the best. Like I said if we win tomorrow night all is well in our world.