Thread: Draft combine invites

Draft combine invites

Of interest

Hayes, Bentill, Hart, and Whitehead to name a few

https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/stat...20355899412480

Not surprised at all that Arcidiacono wasn't invited, though some of the tweeters were. He is a very good college player, but his game doesn't translate to the NBA.

I am a bit surprised Blueitt was not invited. He can shoot from outside, and he seems to have a diverse offensive game. I know he played out of position at the 4 for the Musketeers, but I doubt that anything to do with his not being invited.

I noticed that Smith-Rivera also failed to land an invitation, again showing that being a very good college player doesn't necessarily lead to interest from the NBA. Same with Ochefu, a very solid college post player, but probably too slow and too mechanical to play in the NBA. Could add Dunahm to the list. Very good outside shooter, but not overly athletic.
    Last edited by Phantom Warrior; 05-03-2016 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Not surprised at all that Arcidiacono wasn't invited, though some of the tweeters were. He is a very good college player, but his game doesn't translate to the NBA.

I am a bit surprised Blueitt was not invited. He can shoot from outside, and he seems to have a diverse offensive game. I know he played out of position at the 4 for the Musketeers, but I doubt that anything to do with his not being invited.

I noticed that Smith-Rivera also failed to land an invitation, again showing that being a very good college player doesn't necessarily lead to interest from the NBA. Same with Ochefu, a very solid college post player, but probably too slow and too mechanical to play in the NBA. Could add Dunahm to the list. Very good outside shooter, but not overly athletic.
    I think Arcidiacono will end up on an NBA roster next season. Look at T.J. McConnell from Arizona. Made the 76'ers roster(granted, it's the 76'ers) and he isn't near the player Ryan was, but they both are tough,smart, tenacious players that find ways to win. I really hope that there are roster spots available on NBA teams for good kids like them.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    I think Arcidiacono will end up on an NBA roster next season. Look at T.J. McConnell from Arizona. Made the 76'ers roster(granted, it's the 76'ers) and he isn't near the player Ryan was, but they both are tough,smart, tenacious players that find ways to win. I really hope that there are roster spots available on NBA teams for good kids like them.
    I agree. Archie is just too good. And, he does have the size.

Wes wasn't invited to the combine either. IIRC

Arch will be an interesting case to follow. I wouldn't bet against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Wes wasn't invited to the combine either. IIRC

Arch will be an interesting case to follow. I wouldn't bet against him.
    Not sure if Arch has speed to defend? Hope so as one of my favorite players.

Any chance Hayes enters the draft? Badger fans think he's a lock to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Not sure if Arch has speed to defend? Hope so as one of my favorite players.

Any chance Hayes enters the draft? Badger fans think he's a lock to come back.
    Yeah. If he performs well at the combine, he's gone. Everything I've heard indicates that he wants to go.

If he gets a late 2nd round grade, he'll probably be back. But if he's assured to be in the 35-45 range or better? I'd bet a lot that he's gone.