Thread: On Pace for 70

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Bucks have been fun to watch as they for the most part play pretty good team basketball. They have also been a much needed basketball fix given some of MU's recent struggles.

It's been rare to see a 70 win team, and with the relatively new load management practice who knows if we will see it again, but if anyone can do it the Bucks with their depth could be the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    The Bucks have been fun to watch as they for the most part play pretty good team basketball. They have also been a much needed basketball fix given some of MU's recent struggles.

It's been rare to see a 70 win team, and with the relatively new load management practice who knows if we will see it again, but if anyone can do it the Bucks with their depth could be the team.
    Some of the national pundits think the Bucks are built for the regular season but don't have enough "star power" to win it all. I don't buy that. I see the Bucks in a similar fashion to the Spurs that won 5 during the Tim Duncan era. Giannis is Duncan, if not better, but otherwise it is a strong team built on depth, chemistry and playing together versus 2 or 3 superstars (i.e. the Heatles). The 2004 Pistons are another team that won it all without a Big 3, but rather a solid starting 5 with great chemistry and great defense.

Needless to say, give me a NBA championship over winning 70+ but falling short in the playoffs. If the Bucks are sitting at 68 or 69 wins with 2 games left, and the #1 seed wrapped up, I rest Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe, etc. Some thought the Warriors were burnt out and nagged by injuries in 2016 when they went for 73 but lost to Cleveland in the NBA Finals.