Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bucks vs Raptors

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I would push back on that. "Leveraged" would insinuate that the Bucks took on (assumed) multi-year deals to make a push to win it all.
    You're right, it was a poor choice of words. I just am struggling with the idea of "next year" with the amount of cap/roster alchemy needed to keep the main group intact. It felt like it was all aligned for them to get out of the East this year. 9-1 in the playoffs, up 2-0 in the ECF and have two main guys for Toronto foul out in Game 3. And it all evaporated. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    You're right, it was a poor choice of words. I just am struggling with the idea of "next year" with the amount of cap/roster alchemy needed to keep the main group intact. It felt like it was all aligned for them to get out of the East this year. 9-1 in the playoffs, up 2-0 in the ECF and have two main guys for Toronto foul out in Game 3. And it all evaporated. Ugh.
    I agree with you. It was a blown opportunity. Still hard to fathom being up 15 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd, and then letting Toronto go on a 26-5 run (or something like that). Uncharacteristic of them. There was no juggernaut in the East, and the Bucks had the #1 seed. Up 2-0, very disappointing.

I remain optimistic because Giannis is a legit franchise player at 24. They finally found a good coach. Horst (and Milt Newton) are showing they can make the right moves (along with Bud's input). It will be an interesting offseason. Will Wilson and DiVincenzo take on bigger roles next year? Who will be back out of Brogdon, Lopez, Middleton, Hill and Mirotic? Plus the 30th pick in the draft. Curious to see how Toronto does against Golden State.

Very disappointed to say the least. This was our series and we didn't step up and take it.

On to next season.

Hopefully we can bring Lopez, Brogdan and Hill back. Lopez and Hill on reasonable deals. Middleton may depend on what the market offers. Will some team give him max type money?
    I still like Mirotic, but it is all how much.

One thing to remember when thinking about this season and Giannis. When Michael Jordan was the same age as Giannis, he had yet to get out of the first round of the playoffs, and only had one playoff game win under his belt. His playoff record was 1-9 at the same age.

Can't see Hill back for $18 million.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Can't see Hill back for $18 million.
    The Bucks have the option, and will pay him the $1 mil to get out of the $18 mil, then try to resign him for a much smaller number, like $7 - $10 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    The Bucks have the option, and will pay him the $1 mil to get out of the $18 mil, then try to resign him for a much smaller number, like $7 - $10 mil.
    If they lose Brogdon they probably will do that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234