Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday's Big East Schedule

Butler has road loses at Indiana State and St. John's. Has wins over Arizona, Indiana, Vanderbilt, Utah, Cincinnati and up by 6 on Villanova.
    March Madness starts in November

OMG, what a steal and score by Baldwin!

Butler 66 Villanova 58 Final

Providence 59 Georgetown 55, 6:06 left on CBSSN

Glad Butler won. Would rather have Nova go 14-4 or 13-5 than 18-0, 17-1 or 16-2. Villanova won the title as a #2 seed. More teams getting a few wins against Nova will help come Selection Sunday (# of bids and seeding).

I agree. I don't need the national view of the Big East as Memphis was viewed with Coach Cal in Conference USA. Granted that was a two bid league and the Big East sends half the league to March Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Glad Butler won. Would rather have Nova go 14-4 or 13-5 than 18-0, 17-1 or 16-2. Villanova won the title as a #2 seed. More teams getting a few wins against Nova will help come Selection Sunday (# of bids and seeding).
    No way...have to look at the short term...this pretty much guarantees no way MU wins Saturday now. Nova hasn't lost two in a row in 3 years. A Nova win, and I would have really liked MU's chances...just another reason that Hall loss is REALLY going to haunt them come selcetion Sunday...Had MU started 2-0, losing to Nova...eh..no big deal..but starting 1-2?? That's a hill to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    No way...have to look at the short term...this pretty much guarantees no way MU wins Saturday now. Nova hasn't lost two in a row in 3 years. A Nova win, and I would have really liked MU's chances...just another reason that Hall loss is REALLY going to haunt them come selcetion Sunday...Had MU started 2-0, losing to Nova...eh..no big deal..but starting 1-2?? That's a hill to climb.
    Our opening stretch is brutal. I think most would've penciled in a 2-6 or 3-5 start. There's no harm in losing either of these.

Final
    Providence 76 Georgetown 70
    Four players in double figure scoring for PC

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    No way...have to look at the short term...this pretty much guarantees no way MU wins Saturday now. .
    I totally don't buy that logic. Same people said that after Milwaukee beat Wisconsin last season, that MU had no chance after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Our opening stretch is brutal. I think most would've penciled in a 2-6 or 3-5 start. There's no harm in losing either of these.
    A start like that and there is NO chance of making the NCAA's...that's just the reality. I still say, the EASIEST path to the NCAA's is for MU to NOT lose at home...that's 9 wins right there, win @ DuhPaul, @ Providence and @ SJU, that's 12 wins right there. Win all your home games, and it doesn't matter what you do @Creighton, @ Xavier, @ Nova.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast