The key to my rant is Jay Wright noticing the phenomenon and taking advantage. I agree with AlphaBangura that the opponents likely get reemed out and adjust but that is the point, the opposing team will come out of the gates fired up while we give away our home court advantage for the first four minutes of the second half of every damned home game. It happens all the time and it has happened very noticably this year when we really need 40 minutes of total focus. I've been on this for years--both because of the competitive disadvantage and how bad it looks on television. Take a look at any game you have DVR'd and see how empty it is at the beginning of the second half. I do not think there is a singular answer other than the fanbase needs to be more interested in the game and its outcome than having 90 second conversations with 10 different people. It is our version of the Badger fans who are more interested in the band and the scripted 40 year old cheers than the game being played right in front of them.