Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: MU vs Butler game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    You can't just go to Carlino everytime down the floor....somebody else has to be an option
    Yep. Wojo needs to work on that. Matt just does not have the ball skills to be doubled up in crunch. Unfortunately, the alternative is Derrick who is not that good in that situation. such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Am I nuts or did the Butler coaches T win this game? The refs completely changed the way they were calling the game after that, allowing Butler to close gap with clock stopped. They were letting them play until then.
    I thought it more changed how Butler played. They were more effective at both ends. It was a turning point, and our guys certainly didn't execute, but while there were calls I didn't agree with the refs weren't the difference in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Yep. Wojo needs to work on that. Matt just does not have the ball skills to be doubled up in crunch. Unfortunately, the alternative is Derrick who is not that good in that situation. such is life.
    The elephant in the room keeps getting ignored for some reason. At best, in close late game situations, we are going 4 on 5 offensively. It begins and ends there when the defense tightens up.

I think some of us are just sick of the elephant being thrown under the bus over and over again...........serves no purpose

We are just not good enough.....it is really that simple.

It isn't any 1 player's fault.

ps The elephant guarded Jones and held him to 1-12 from the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I think some of us are just sick of the elephant being thrown under the bus over and over again...........serves no purpose

We are just not good enough.....it is really that simple.

It isn't any 1 player's fault.

ps The elephant guarded Jones and held him to 1-12 from the floor.
    Agree. We just are not good enough. The team does not have a closer, the guy who wants the ball and can create his own shot. It's not a depth issue. Butler played 8, so did we. Los of teams play only 8. Fact is, our 8 are incomplete. They try hard, no question about that.

It is not the players fault, they are who they are. It is not a Wojo issue, as some simpletons on other boards claim. We just do not have the horses. Unfortunately, MU may be sitting home for a second straight season. At this point, we will struggle to get an NIT bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    I thought it more changed how Butler played. They were more effective at both ends. It was a turning point, and our guys certainly didn't execute, but while there were calls I didn't agree with the refs weren't the difference in the game.
    This is more what I meant to say. The momentum completely changed with the T.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    This is more what I meant to say. The momentum completely changed with the T.
    On more than one occasion, I wanted Wojo to take a T this season. Not sure why giving the opposing team 2 FTs and the ball sometimes seem to motivate the team, but today it clearly worked for Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by 79warrior View Post
    Agree. We just are not good enough. The team does not have a closer, the guy who wants the ball and can create his own shot. It's not a depth issue. Butler played 8, so did we. Los of teams play only 8. Fact is, our 8 are incomplete. They try hard, no question about that.

It is not the players fault, they are who they are. It is not a Wojo issue, as some simpletons on other boards claim. We just do not have the horses. Unfortunately, MU may be sitting home for a second straight season. At this point, we will struggle to get an NIT bid.
    We do and his name is Duane. But, you cannot wait until late in OT to fully utilize him. I know he missed one or two, but but but.....

Though one of the killers was missed late bunnies in regulation. Seems Duane was responsible for at least 1-2 of those.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678