Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz responsible for what we have become?

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post

He was already suspended for "a lack of discipline and self-control at practice.” Wonder if MU would have any interest for a year since he is graduating in May.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    He was already suspended for "a lack of discipline and self-control at practice.” Wonder if MU would have any interest for a year since he is graduating in May.
    As much as Buzz probably deserved to be punched at times, I do not think you want to bring that into our program. It would make for an entertaining story though.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post

Final comment on Buzz - was going back and forth with him the other day, and like Crean, Karma can be a bitch. They suited up 7 guys against UNC. 4 freshman, 2 walkons, a soph PG and a 5'8 2G. Sounds a lot like Crean's first year at Indiana, proof that the grass ain't always greener!
    4 +2 + 1 + 1 = 8

But if you look at the box score, he played 9 players. God, his poor me schtick is annoying.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400587928
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    4 +2 + 1 + 1 = 8

But if you look at the box score, he played 9 players. God, his poor me schtick is annoying.

Absolutely

. High school kids are still using them to improve grades, need to do what you can, your classroom grades aren't everything so your GPA isn't always set in Stone.

Anything to this IWB?

Buzz is largely responsible for this mess. I am very impressed how Wojo has gotten this group to stick together and play hard every game.

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    4 +2 + 1 + 1 = 8

I was the one that said seven, but correct, don't know where ther 9th guy came from. And it wasn't a poor me deal, he was answering a question.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Also--who is 5'8 on their roster? Shortest guy i see is listed at 6'1

http://www.hokiesports.com/mbasketball/players/

Buzz and his Wild Card ways with his mouth always drove me crazy. Particularly with the Jameel McKay thing, why even say that when the kid is sitting right there? What's the upside to that comment? It's one thing to wear your heart on your sleeve and speak your mind, it's another to say stupid things. The latter seemed to happen with more and more regularity as the years went on.

Quote Originally Posted by AbovetheRim View Post
    Buzz and his Wild Card ways with his mouth always drove me crazy. Particularly with the Jameel McKay thing, why even say that when the kid is sitting right there? What's the upside to that comment? It's one thing to wear your heart on your sleeve and speak your mind, it's another to say stupid things. The latter seemed to happen with more and more regularity as the years went on.
    Have to admit that Buzz was always rather blunt after that first season with the Amigos. In the 2nd season, all the "woe is us" and "we are not any good" stuff started. Along with targeting individual players. Guess it caught up to him with McKay.

"Us against the world" is usually just a motivational technique that works for a short time. And in Buzz's case, "the world" started to include things like his boss and the President of the institution. If Buzz is going to be long-term successful anywhere, he has to understand that you can only be the scrappy underdog for so long. You don't need to exaggerate the slights against you and the obstacles you are facing. In the end, people don't really care - they just want to win.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast