Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I have a feeling that JJJ may not be with us next year.
    Then he leaves. So what. Either he buys in or he does not. Now I understand why Buzz barely played him. Wojo will get his type of player. If JJJ is not it, see Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Was told early in the year that Duane was the only one that had "bought in" out of last year's recruits. Didn't want to post it then and start speculation. But, now that two are gone, and the other was benched, it's fair to say you might be right.
    Funny, cause that is the only one I see Wojo making any effort to recruit if he had a choice. Dawson is not talented enough for this level (and the free market led him to Liberty), and the other two do not have the basketball intelligence that most Duke players possess.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Funny, cause that is the only one I see Wojo making any effort to recruit if he had a choice. Dawson is not talented enough for this level (and the free market led him to Liberty), and the other two do not have the basketball intelligence that most Duke players possess.
    Agreed. Although basketball expert ners feels all three are great and Wojo has screwed the pooch.

Quote Originally Posted by 79warrior View Post
    Agreed. Although basketball expert ners feels all three are great and Wojo has screwed the pooch.
    I think Burton and JJ can play in a freelance type style (Burton's choice of Iowa State was very wise). Thing is, you rarely see freelance teams playing deep in March. I would not be surprised if we played at a much faster tempo in future years, but this system will still be fairly structured and the team should be much more cohesive. Chucking contested threes outside the rhythm of the offense will no longer be commonplace.

There are a fair amount of basketball stupid people on Scoop, and Ners just takes the cake. I feel better about the select few people that criticize Wojo over there, as they all know very little basketball (and think they know it all).
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I think Burton and JJ can play in a freelance type style (Burton's choice of Iowa State was very wise). Thing is, you rarely see freelance teams playing deep in March. I would not be surprised if we played at a much faster tempo in future years, but this system will still be fairly structured and the team should be much more cohesive. Chucking contested threes outside the rhythm of the offense will no longer be commonplace.

There are a fair amount of basketball stupid people on Scoop, and Ners just takes the cake. I feel better about the select few people that criticize Wojo over there, as they all know very little basketball (and think they know it all).
    Speaking of Iowa St., man does Jameel McKay look like a huge loss at this point. And I actually am starting to see his side of why he left. If he could have actually played last season anywhere close to how he is playing this season, Brent really effed up in even suggesting he redshirt. And I'm sure Jameel saw that he was head and shoulders better than Steve Taylor and probably freaked out a little bit instead of going out on the court and proving he was the better player deserving to be in the rotation. I know there were others he would have had to battle with for minutes, but it sure looks like he would have had court time last season. Good luck to him.

I am not going to lose sleep over any Buzz recruit that leaves or any Buzz recruit that left previously. I want Wojo to get his guys here and mold the team to his liking. Doubt that McKay would have been recruited by Wojo.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    I am not going to lose sleep over any Buzz recruit that leaves or any Buzz recruit that left previously. I want Wojo to get his guys here and mold the team to his liking. Doubt that McKay would have been recruited by Wojo.
    Not losing any sleep at all, just pointing out that Jameel most certainly would have helped Wojo's cause this year.

I don't care if he would have been recruited by Wojo or not. He would have had one year with the guy and IMO would have made a big difference. That being said, I don't think McKay regrets for one moment his transfer. For the price of sitting a year and missing nine games, he is playing a key role on a ranked team. Better than being a part of Marquette the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by 79warrior View Post
    Then he leaves. So what. Either he buys in or he does not. Now I understand why Buzz barely played him. Wojo will get his type of player. If JJJ is not it, see Ya.
    No. Please no.

He needs to stay and learn from this and get better. We cannot build a program with guys leaving every year. He made a mistake and he needs to man up and then work on his game. He has the chance to be the starting 2/3 guard on this team that is going to be very good and we need his talent and experience to help lead this team.

This program cannot afford more guys leaving just as they are about to realize their potential.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    No. Please no.

He needs to stay and learn from this and get better. We cannot build a program with guys leaving every year. He made a mistake and he needs to man up and then work on his game. He has the chance to be the starting 2/3 guard on this team that is going to be very good and we need his talent and experience to help lead this team.

This program cannot afford more guys leaving just as they are about to realize their potential.
    Of course the program can afford losing a guy who doesn't want to buy in to what Wojo wants to do. We have to rebuild the way Wojo wants. JJJ would never have been recruited by Wojo. If he doesn't buy in, so be it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast