Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRev View Post
People keep mentioning sweeping Creighton. I saw their fantastic comeback against a strong Oklahoma (#18) team. Right now Creighton looks better than we do, in my opinion.
Considering what Creighton lost, they really looked like they would be down around the bottom of the league, along with DePaul and Butler. So far, both the Jays and Bulldogs look better than many may have expected. That doesn't change that for Marquette to have a chance at the NCAAs, they probably need to sweep 2-3 of the teams in the league. If they go 9-3 in non-conference and 11-7 in league play that should be enough almost regardless of the rest of the league. 8-1 at home (assuming a loss to 'Nova) and minimum 2, more likely 3 road wins.

I'll be honest, I'm really not sure what to expect. I am not planning my March around where Marquette may or may not be playing. This team could end up 13-18, they could end up 26-7. I honestly don't have any idea. All I'm saying is if they want to be on the bubble (especially on the right side of it) it will probably take 19-21 wins, and that will probably take sweeping 2-3 teams. DePaul seems like an obvious name, Creighton, Butler, Seton Hall, and St. John's seem like the other best chances for that.