Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kohl apparently has reached a deal to sell the Bucks

I heard Kohl didn't have debt, that the Bucks made money.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by mutpm View Post
    It's tough to rip a guy that commits $100 million, but I'm going to. It's been public knowledge that Kohl was going to put in something for the new arena, but we never knew how much. It was also speculated that the Bucks would sell for $400 million at most. Given that Kohl made $100 million more than originally expected, I would have thought he would/could kick in a little more. With that said, it's an unbelievably generous gift and I'm hoping the rest of the money will be committed and the new arena can be built.
    I thought the number would be $225 million. I also thought the most he could get for the Bucks to stay in Milwaukee is $325 million.

Selling the Bucks for $550 is shocking! What could the Lakers and Heat get?
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I thought the number would be $225 million. I also thought the most he could get for the Bucks to stay in Milwaukee is $325 million.

Selling the Bucks for $550 is shocking! What could the Lakers and Heat get?

The next television contract for the NBA is going to be big...very big. There have been suggestions that it could be an 80%+ increase over it's current one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    The next television contract for the NBA is going to be big...very big. There have been suggestions that it could be an 80%+ increase over it's current one.
    Who watches the NBA. I havenot watched an NBA game in many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Who watches the NBA. I havenot watched an NBA game in many years.
    I wondered the same. I do not remember the last game I watched. I really do not care for the league or brand of basketball.

A lot of people watch the NBA. I usually don't watch much during the year, but I love the playoffs. IMO much better basketball than the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    A lot of people watch the NBA. I usually don't watch much during the year, but I love the playoffs. IMO much better basketball than the NCAA.
    I love both - watch about 2-3 NBA games a week and the intensity of the NBA playoffs, especially in the later rounds, is very entertaining. These guys are the best athletes in the world IMO.

First thing I do each morning when reading the paper is checking out how all the MU NBA guys did the night before.

I don't watch the over-hyped NFL draft, but always try to watch the NBA draft from start to finish regardless if an MU guy(s) are possible picks.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I heard Kohl didn't have debt, that the Bucks made money.
    I think Kohl said the bucks are currently making money(with the help of the new CBO)…..I think it is common knowledge that they lost money for many years.

Not sure how much debt they have but I’m sure they have some

Interesting article on the economic impact of the NBA all star game in Orlando.

The study indicates the overall impact was more than $95 million.

If we build it will they come? While I am personally not a big fan of the NBA all star game, it is a big deal from which one event illustrates what an impact a new facility could have for Milwaukee.

Add that to the potential impact of larger conventions and I can see why it is expected some tax money should be forthcoming.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/2012-n...ore-95-million

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I love both - watch about 2-3 NBA games a week and the intensity of the NBA playoffs, especially in the later rounds, is very entertaining. These guys are the best athletes in the world IMO.

First thing I do each morning when reading the paper is checking out how all the MU NBA guys did the night before.

I don't watch the over-hyped NFL draft, but always try to watch the NBA draft from start to finish regardless if an MU guy(s) are possible picks.
    Don't you have to service your many super model friends first before checking the sports page?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast