The change in my lifetime has been radical. I remember getting up before my parents to read the Milwaukee Sentinel sports page -- lots of column inches and photographs of the Marquette game. Before the Internet in my early broadcast days newspaper clipping from home and trips to the library in cities half way across the country were the only way to follow Marquette. HBO would do some basketball games back in the Hank Raymond days. ESPN carried tape delay broadcast and that was the only way I would get to see Marquette NCAA Tournament action when I lived in Virginia, Oklahoma or Texas.

Once the Internet started to emerge it was a new ball game. An unnamed beat reporter for a well know major newspaper( a good friend) was going crazy because information was showing up online and his boss was calling him on the carpet asking why he didn't have this first. He told me he was spending all his time trying to track down everything that was out there and we all know a lot of Internet stuff is off the wall. The Milwaukee JS doesn't subscribe to that level of accountability.

These days we can pretty much see most games on streaming video one way or another. Does anyone remember when a dear Marquette fan pushed the envelop and probably broke the law when he set up a camera in front of his TV in Wisconsin and streamed hard to get Marquette games. His condenser mic on the camera allowed us to hear his react as the game progressed. Thank you anonymous fan whoever you are. You served an international audience of Marquette junkies.

Back to Mr. Hunt -- I prefer those who have fire in their belly when it comes to their profession.