Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boston College

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    If his goal is to be a perennial winner of the Ivy League, get a 8 to 10ish seed in the NCAAs, and occasionally upset someone, then he should stay there. If his goal is to build something that can win the ACC and get into the second weekend in the tournament on a regular basis, he should leave. (I'm not making a value judgement. Those are equally good options that only he can address.)

Harvard has limitations. They are only going to be able to bring in so many good players. Their RPI is going to be dragged down by their conference opponents. But if he's happy, I wouldn't blame him for sticking around.

If Tony Bennett can do it at UVA...and Larranega at Miami...there is no reason to expect that Amaker couldn't do it at BC.
    And see, I am arguing that it is near impossible to do at BC. UVA has a much richer history, an awesome arena in the John Paul Jones center, plus access to the fertile DMV recruiting grounds (and kids in that area actually seriously consider any UVA offer, unlike the New England prep schools and BC).

I just threw a question out to Jeff Goodman on Twitter (who knows the area very well) about Brewster coach Jason Smith being an outside the box candidate for BC? He is familiar recruiting to the area, plus has good contacts with other prep schools there. I think BC is that tough off a job to where the highest ceiling candidate may be that far out of the box.

At some point, the rest of the Ivy will catch up to Harvard's recruiting. Not sure BC is the right job but eventually Amaker seems certain to move.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Seems like Donahue was just hired. Wasn't his last victory at Cornell against Wisconsin in the NCAA's?
    Yep!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12