Thread: For Those In Madison

Would that be the Shoe Box?

WIAA might want to look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
    Would that be the Shoe Box?

WIAA might want to look into that.
    Nope. Only Movin' Shoes for us.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Yikes - impressive family. They must have sacks of pasta at that house.

It's also nice to read Susie Favor Hamilton's name - saw her run in the Millrose Games in Madison Square Garden a couple times up close and personal - hubba hubba - talented both athletically and aesthetically if you know what I mean. I mean off the charts good looking.
    She's a realtor in Madison now. Caribou might have to do some house shopping

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    She spoke at the Madison All City Girls Cross Country Awards Banquet two years ago. She gave a great speach. Spoke very openly and honestly about her run in the Olympics where she took a dive. I could not believe how openly she spoke about that. It was quite impressive. She does a fantastic job speaking. I earned even more respect for her after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    Hmmm...I do have a nephew that may be going to Madison next year for grad school - he may need my presence for mentoring purposes - may have to look into it some real estate now that I think of it - thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    She spoke at the Madison All City Girls Cross Country Awards Banquet two years ago. She gave a great speach. Spoke very openly and honestly about her run in the Olympics where she took a dive. I could not believe how openly she spoke about that. It was quite impressive. She does a fantastic job speaking. I earned even more respect for her after that.
    I saw an interview a year or so back where she spoke about that - I think it was on the Big Televen channel - I remember watching that race "live" - race was about 100 or so meters too long for her that day - bummer. She would have looked good on the medal stand on multiple levels.

Congrats Mac. What a terrific achievement for your kids and family. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Congrats to your family Mac. That's incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. It is pretty awesome to see your kids get recognized for their accomplishments in a sport that does not get a ton of attention! Good Regional yesterday as all 3 kids qualified for Sectionals in all of their events. Kelli and Erin in the 4x800 and 4x400, Kelli in the 800, Erin in the 400 and Joe in the 4x800, 1600 and 3200. Sectionals on Thursday.
    Share results?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Share results?
    Kelli and Erin are the 2nd seed in the 4x800 at State (finished 4th last year) and Kelli made it in the 800. Erin had a blister after the 4x800 and that hurt her 400 and the 4x400 (which just missed out qualifying). Joe made it in the 4x800, 1600 and 3200. State is Friday and Saturday in La Crosse. Each has a good chance at medaling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast