Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some of this loss is on us, the fans

Some of this loss is on us, the fans

I have been griping about this for years but it was so obvious today. OSU had its big run, when it actually put the game away, in the first four minutes of the second half. The BC was dead at the start of the half because the "fans" were still in the concourse and the Courtside Club socializing. There was no juice to start the half--none. OSU came out tough and there was no fan input to attempt to stem the tide. I am dead serious about this and I know some at MU have been concerned about this in the past. Obviously, it really pisses me off.

27 game home court winning streak pretty much blunts that argument.

Well maybe they should make the beer lines shorter, Gato! I think you are reaching with that one! Do you think Jake Thomas would hit a shot if the fans were in their seats, or Dwill would be a better point guard if the fans were not in the bathroom line?

Gato, I was thinking the EXACT same thing...OSU went on their run and I thought, "nice to see all the fans back in their seats to help them through this". It pisses me off too. there really is ZERO excuse for not being in your seat by 2nd half tip. None. In 10 years I have NEVER missed and opening tip, or a tip in the 2nd half.

No. I think we would have more intensity to start the second half. I am serious about the fact that MU hoops people have noticed this before and see it as a problem. They are not able to do anything about it because the BC wants to sell the beer et al. There were discussions about blinking the lights or some other warning but they cannot do it. This does have an effect--otherwise, is home court advantage just a mirage?

Sorry but this is one of the dumbest things that is always brought up here. It's almost as bad as the guys who always blame the refs. Yes the crowd no doubt makes a difference but these guys should be able to play for a few minutes without a loud supportive crowd for 2 minutes. OSU was better, plain and simple.

I hate that folks come in late, but the real story was that Matta adjusted things at halftime and MU did not respond well. Need to get the frosh into the action, as the Wilson/Thomas backcourt is simply limited.

I completely agree with this post. I don't think it has much effect on the game, but it's very annoying and disrespectful when people do this in the beginning of the second half.

Even better when you see a group of four people sitting together and they all come back one at a time during this time. It really is the worst part of any MU game by far.
    Last edited by MUBB713; 11-16-2013 at 03:24 PM.

OSU was better? They totally sucked today in almost every statistical category, except 2nd half shooting. We had a great opportunity to win this game with the way OSU played. They played like crap and we were worse. We needed a strong home court advantage and there is no way we could say that advantage existed in the first four minutes of the second half. It just so happened that Ohio State broke open the game when our home court advantage was minimized. I am not saying it is cause and effect, I am saying it is a factor.

To answer your question: yes, OSU was better, period.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast