Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you..

How about a midnight special rehash with the Russian National team? THAT would be cool.

Are there any big name teams that are at the weird times? At least the overnight times. I think those are mostly small schools excited for any game on ESPN. Granted, some bigger teams are playing in the afternoon, which I think wouldn't be terrible. But there aren't any big name teams playing buy games at odd titmes that are on ESPN, at least that I know of.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Are there any big name teams that are at the weird times? At least the overnight times. I think those are mostly small schools excited for any game on ESPN. Granted, some bigger teams are playing in the afternoon, which I think wouldn't be terrible. But there aren't any big name teams playing buy games at odd titmes that are on ESPN, at least that I know of.

I'll be surprised if the Student section is more than 3 rows deep up top tonight. Just the nature of a weak opponent in the middle of the week. Plus, it's cold.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    How about a midnight special rehash with the Russian National team? THAT would be cool.
    Ok, I'll give you that one. Other than that, no need to resort to gimmicks.

Now you kids get off my lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Warrior View Post
    From a fan perspective, I understand the Florida Gulf Coast faithful being psyched for a 7 am game that is nationally televised. They don't get many such opportunities, they are coming off a great year, those fans are understandably juiced for that type of chance. For a fanbase like Marquette, we simply won't get up for a game like that the same way if it isn't a big name opponent. Probably 60-70% of our games will be nationally televised. It's just not as big a deal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    I'll never forget seeing the scroll above Major Goolsby's..... "The Major says THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING!"
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123