Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Now this is creativity, and I applaud this effort...wish MU would do something like t

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    Yes...there are enough MU fans that buy extras for that game, that you very easily could buy from them for face. I'd be more than happy to buy a pair every year for you. You are a TRUE MU fan. I'd never question your fandom Puju.

To be fair Puju, i'd also restrict anything in my zip code and the surrounding areas. Therefore, I wouldn't be able to get them either. And you know what?? If it worked, I'd be totally okay with that.
    Good thing there are not any UW fans that live in the Milwaukee zip code. If there were, that could be a problem.

The difference for rivals like Kentucky - Louisville / Alabama - Auburn / South Carolina - Clemson, aside from they also have football, is that in those state there are no professional teams, just college teams. Most of my Badger friends are also fans of the Packers, Brewers and Bucks. We just differ on college basketball as there is not even football to get worked up over. I've been told by fans from both sides of the South Carolina / Clemson football rivalry not to bother to bring woman and children to the annual football game, and they were serious. It can get ugly.

Do I wear MU Blue and Gold colored glasses and drink the Koolaid - you bet I do. Do I want MU to beat Wisconsin in hoops, nope, I want MU to crush Wisconsin in hoops. Do I get annoyed that season ticket holders give / sell tickets to Badger fans, sure I do. Do I mind Badger fans buying tickets to the games at the BC, no as it is money for MU athletics.

I actually think most of the hatred from one school toward the other is from older Badger fans who remember the old days when MU was a power and Wisconsin stunk in everything (football / basketball). I'd guess a lot of the older MU fans see Notre Dame as more of the main rival, as I did when I was a kid.

Younger fans forget that it is really only recently that the Badgers have had any success in basketball, and even football for that matter. Now that Wisconsin has maintained success under Bo, and MU at the same time with Crean / Buzz, the rivalry in hoops is growing as the game actually matters.

I think the rivalry will get a bit more intense on the court than it has been for a long time as both teams now actually play kids from the state, something both schools haven't really had much of recently.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    As do I. So, I guess gomarquette does not want me, or the others of us from Madison, to be a season ticket holder any longer. Now it is a penalty to live in a certain city. How much deeper of the deep end could one go?
    Could you exaggerate any more Mac?? I never said a damn word about not wanting you as a season ticket holder, did I?? No, and you know that! I do, as do OTHERS(you might have noticed if you're reading this thread), have a problem with YOU(and others) as season ticket holders, giving/selling, whatever you are doing, tickets to UW fans for that game. Why the hell would you do that?? So you can go to Madison every year?? I have been to that game every year myself, and don't care to know one single Badger fan to get me in. There are plenty of ways to get in to that game. Yes, as a fellow season ticket holder I have a RIGHT to be pissed off about that, and as a season ticket holder, I will keep talking to MU's ticket office every year about this whether it gets changed or not. They can very easily find out who the season ticket holders are that do this(and I am NOT singling you out), and sanction them somehow. I sure as hell would if i were in the ticket office.

If you were a member of the US military, would you just willingly arm terrorists with things they need to make our lives much more difficult?? I sure would hope nopt. Now yes that is an extreme analogy, but it makes my point.

Could you exaggerate any more Mac?? I never said a damn word about not wanting you as a season ticket holder, did I?? No, and you know that! I do, as do OTHERS(you might have noticed if you're reading this thread), have a problem with YOU(and others) as season ticket holders, giving/selling, whatever you are doing, tickets to UW fans for that game. Why the hell would you do that?? So you can go to Madison every year?? I have been to that game every year myself, and don't care to know one single Badger fan to get me in. There are plenty of ways to get in to that game. Yes, as a fellow season ticket holder I have a RIGHT to be pissed off about that, and as a season ticket holder, I will keep talking to MU's ticket office every year about this whether it gets changed or not. They can very easily find out who the season ticket holders are that do this(and I am NOT singling you out), and sanction them somehow. I sure as hell would if i were in the ticket office.

If you were a member of the US military, would you just willingly arm terrorists with things they need to make our lives much more difficult?? I sure would hope nopt. Now yes that is an extreme analogy, but it makes my point.
    How should I act towards UW fans? I don't have the ability to block all of them out of my life since it includes coworkers and relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Message board are in no way representative of general fandom. The whole "bleed red" or "bleed blue" is a bunch of crap that people say behind a keyboard. Kentucky fans live, work and socialize with Louisville fans regularly. Just like MU and UW fans do. You make it sound like you want it to be the Hatfields and the McCoys or something...
    And where do you think my hatred for UW has stemmed from?? Want me to name specific names?? They all post on either Scout UW or Buckyville, not too mention the smug, arrogant UW pricks I have to work with. The "fans" that really aren't that intense about it, aren't really TRUE "fans" anyway. They are casual fans, and probably can't even name UW's full roster every year.

There it is. You are a moron.

Wow, where have you been Ice?....Been worried about you, glad to see you are ok and unchanged!
    One bit of advice for you...

Don't worry about anything you have no control over.

Quote Originally Posted by mutpm View Post
    How should I act towards UW fans? I don't have the ability to block all of them out of my life since it includes coworkers and relatives.
    Quit your job, and distance yourself from your family. In my family, NO ONE even so much as mentions UW hoops in my presence. They know better.

To be honest, your diatribes are hard to follow and piece together. You go off on bombastic tangents and insult so many people that if I understood you incorrectly, I apologize. I certainly was not exaggerating, but as I pieced your semi coherent comments together, that is the way I read them.

Sorry to see that you are back. I really enjoyed the vacation.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast