Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Holy ****....Brad Stevens to the Celtics!

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Was going to post the same. You can bet the new BE commish is circling the wagons with the BE Presidents saying they better ensure the top coaches are being taken care of. Buzz's value just went up and MU's leadership will feel the pressure to ensure he's taken care. A very good thing for MU.
    I highly doubt reps from Fox are checking in on the President's and AD's to make sure they are taking care of their head coaches. Even if they were, I highly doubt by doing so Larry would suddenly become pals with Buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Butler won with Collier, Matta, and Lickliter prior to Stevens. I think Jordan could be an outstanding hire and maybe even jump start Butler's recruiting.
    I agree with this. I think it has to be Jordan. Stevens apparently had Butler in the lead for Indianapolis prospect Trevon Bluiett, who is a Top 50 kid. Excitement is high for Butler right now, bringing in someone with good recruiting chops is a wise choice right now. Hopefully this guy can coach. I would imagine being a Butler guy, and also learning under Beilein the past few years, means he's pretty capable.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    I highly doubt reps from Fox are checking in on the President's and AD's to make sure they are taking care of their head coaches.
    I don't know that it was Fox as much as the conference members, but I can tell you that this has been specifically addressed at a high level conference meeting."

Agree with Goo that this makes Buzz, JT3 and Jay Wright that much more of a need.

What I heard backs up the comment about the presser, Butler had no idea until it came out.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I agree with this. I think it has to be Jordan. Stevens apparently had Butler in the lead for Indianapolis prospect Trevon Bluiett, who is a Top 50 kid. Excitement is high for Butler right now, bringing in someone with good recruiting chops is a wise choice right now. Hopefully this guy can coach. I would imagine being a Butler guy, and also learning under Beilein the past few years, means he's pretty capable.
    I think that recruitment had actually swung Michigan's way (with UCLA a serious presence due to Bluiett's high school coach joining Alford's staff). If Butler gets Jordan, I think they have a better chance to land Bluiett.

I highly doubt reps from Fox are checking in on the President's and AD's to make sure they are taking care of their head coaches. Even if they were, I highly doubt by doing so Larry would suddenly become pals with Buzz.
    Where did Halo mention Fox? He said the BE Commish and I would bet the BE Commish would have involvement here.

Lavall jordan is thought of highly out here in michigan. From all indications in the indy papers and butler boards it appears he is the lead candidate with brandon miller (also former player and assistant) also in the running. i would guess that if it is one of those two, someone will be hired by tomorrow. collier is moving quickly with his search, especially in light of the timing. As warriorfan mentioned, hiring jordan would certainly help with bluiett, as I believe he is michigan's lead recruiter for him. This could be a significant signing for two reasons. 1) obviously a highly regarded player who keeps getting better 2.) would make a bold immediate statement that butler ball is not going anywhere and would also possibly help sway other recruits who may doubt butler after stevens' departure. obviously you don't want to hire a coach based on a recruit or two, but all indications are that jordan is a highly respected coach.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Which makes no sense whatsoever. Is Bilas implying Stevens is afraid of competing in the NBE? So he goes to the NBA instead?
    Good point! Plus, a Boston team that will now not have the big three anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dubs98 View Post
    Lavall jordan is thought of highly out here in michigan. From all indications in the indy papers and butler boards it appears he is the lead candidate with brandon miller (also former player and assistant) also in the running. i would guess that if it is one of those two, someone will be hired by tomorrow. collier is moving quickly with his search, especially in light of the timing. As warriorfan mentioned, hiring jordan would certainly help with bluiett, as I believe he is michigan's lead recruiter for him. This could be a significant signing for two reasons. 1) obviously a highly regarded player who keeps getting better 2.) would make a bold immediate statement that butler ball is not going anywhere and would also possibly help sway other recruits who may doubt butler after stevens' departure. obviously you don't want to hire a coach based on a recruit or two, but all indications are that jordan is a highly respected coach.
    Not that either are comparable, but this reminds me of Stan Van Gundy/Sam Okey. This is an important hire for Butler, and to a smaller extent, the Big East. I have confidence Butler will get it right.

just checked the michigan and indeed jordan is the lead recruiter for bluiett. mumac, i don't remember the stan van gundy/okey bit. what was the story with that? i will be surprised if it is not jordan given butler's history of hiring.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast