Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big 12 v. SEC

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    There was only two bowl games out of the 35 games that had a tv rating under 1.0. That's because there was others games on at the same time of those two games, which were blowouts. Okla. St-Purdue on ESPNU and ASU-Navy.

Man, you can see why ESPN buys up these bowl games and wants even more of them when you put it in that context.

I'd still rather play a challenge or something similar with the WCC. While the conference is perceived as Mid Major it is a Western version of the Big East and is largely composed of fellow Catholic, basketball first schools. It could form the basis of future cooperation as the foolball schools try to overplay their hand into basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    I'd still rather play a challenge or something similar with the WCC. While the conference is perceived as Mid Major it is a Western version of the Big East and is largely composed of fellow Catholic, basketball first schools. It could form the basis of future cooperation as the foolball schools try to overplay their hand into basketball.
    Your reason, is why I don't want to play a challenge. I don't want the Big East to be labeled as a mid-major league or non-power league. Most team in the WCC are terrible. Folks don't want to see the mighty Santa Clara-Marquette/ LMU-Georgetown/Portland-Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Your reason, is why I don't want to play a challenge. I don't want the Big East to be labeled as a mid-major league or non-power league. Most team in the WCC are terrible. Folks don't want to see the mighty Santa Clara-Marquette/ LMU-Georgetown/Portland-Nova.
    But they would want to see MU-Zags or Georgetown-San Diego State or Villanova-St. Mary's more than TCU-Auburn or Wake Forest-Penn State. Anyone can cherry pick games, it's the quality of basketball that counts. Somehow, I think that after 1-2 games in any of these showdowns only true fans will be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    But they would want to see MU-Zags or Georgetown-San Diego State or Villanova-St. Mary's more than TCU-Auburn or Wake Forest-Penn State. Anyone can cherry pick games, it's the quality of basketball that counts. Somehow, I think that after 1-2 games in any of these showdowns only true fans will be watching.
    Then why bother? Just schedule good games against good opponents regardless of conference.

San Diego St isn't in the WCC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123