Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MU may play New Mexico next year

I want MU to play the best schedule possible. If they so happen to be guys' hometowns, great....but I don't think that should be the motivation.

Good thing we never nailed down the Juan Anderson homecoming game with Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by GOMU1104 View Post
    I want MU to play the best schedule possible. If they so happen to be guys' hometowns, great....but I don't think that should be the motivation.
    That is the point I'm making.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Good thing we never nailed down the Juan Anderson homecoming game with Cal.
    No, but he would have had the 76/Anaheim Classic next year had he stuck it out.

I think it's now the DirecTV Classic.

Another mention of the possible Marquette/New Mexico game:

The Lobos have a rugged schedule too, playing Kansas in Kansas City, competing in the Charleston Classic, hosting Cincinnati, and possibly partaking in a two-day event in Las Vegas, where Neal is hoping Marquette signs on to be the other marquee team. He also hopes to be back in the ESPN Tip-Off Marathon, where UNM hosted Davidson last year.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Another mention of the possible Marquette/New Mexico game:

The Lobos have a rugged schedule too, playing Kansas in Kansas City, competing in the Charleston Classic, hosting Cincinnati, and possibly partaking in a two-day event in Las Vegas, where Neal is hoping Marquette signs on to be the other marquee team. He also hopes to be back in the ESPN Tip-Off Marathon, where UNM hosted Davidson last year.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ege-basketball
    So, does that mean it is not part of the two home & home games MU is trying to schedule this year?

I'd welcome New Mexico.

Other than Wisconsin, who else do we have non conference?

No longer have the SEC challenge where we got the Florida game last year. Done with the LSU deal I think.

Also losing Lousiville, Pitt, Syracuse, UConn, Notre Dame, Cincy and replacing with X, Creighton, Butler so we do need some non conference upgrades to offset.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    No, but he would have had the 76/Anaheim Classic next year had he stuck it out.
    Anderson is from Oakland, that's 6.5 hours drive from Anaheim... That'd be like UNC telling Tokoto they wanna schedule a game at home for him and scheduling it in St. Louis... No way was that tournament in anyway shape or form scheduled for Juan. Sure it's closer than MKE, but that's still not anywhere close to a home coming.

I made it in about 5 hours...but I get what you mean. Not a short trip. Still a lot closer and I like the idea of giving recruits the chance to get some games closer to home, especially if they aren't from cities anywhere near schools in the Big East.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12