Gary Parrish: MU beats Davidson, loses to Butler

Gregg Doyel: MU loses to Davidson

Peter Tiernan: Marquette beats Davidson, Butler and Miami, loses to Indiana

Jeff Goodman: Marquette loses to Davidson

Jeff Borzello: Marquette loses to Davidson

Matt Norlander: Marquette loses to Davidson

Jerry Palm: Marquette loses to Davidson

Dennis Dodd: Marquette beats Davidson and Bucknell, loses to Miami
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Buzz won't have any trouble getting these guys focused. MU seems like the favorite to be chosen to lose on Thursday. I am fine with that. Continue the underappreciated mantra. This is much like Murray State being chosen by many to upset MU.

Watching some of the folks on TV do their picks they go chalk in the upper part of the bracket. They seem almost obligated to take an upset on the bottom half so they single us out. I don't take it personally, just find humor that the same 'experts' that love our coach, love out team and our program seem to all be picking us for an upset because they believe that they need one in each region.

Not a big deal at all. Every year experts are expected to pick upsets, as every year there are upsets. the fans from whichever team that is supposed to be upset reliably then states how their team gets no respect, the experts are morons, blah, blah, blah. They are paid to give an opinion, so there is nothing wrong with them saying it will happen to be us this year. Hell, if I wasn't such a huge MU fan I would probably think the same thing. I think our team is really solid and we have beaten a lot of really good programs. With that said, we have not really trounced anyone and we can really struggle to put the ball in the hole. Both of these can be a recipe for an easier upset. If we don't turn it over unneccesarily and if we shoot well, we should advance through the first two rounds. If not, we can not dominate anyone which leaves us susceptible to an upset. This is not a knock on the guys or our team, but it is the simple truth for the year. hopefully we bring our A game.

Oh I hear you, just realizing that from here on out, the only experts who's opinions I will value are those of Zuch' committee and Peter Tiernan.

MU rolls vs Davidson, and then beats Bucknell. I won't go any further than that at this time until I find out who they are playing.

Add Mike DeCourcy of The Sporting News to the list of "experts" picking Davidson.

Anybody have an ESPN Insiders subscription? Did Jay Bilas pick MU or Davidson?

Bilas has Marquette beating Davidson and Butler, losing to Miami.

It looks like Marquette is the trendy upset pick this year... To me it always seems like the upset that everyone is banking on happening doesn't happen. I think that holds true Thursday. Go Marquette!

MU will need to play a lot better than its last 3 games ( ND, SJU and Rutgers ). Otherwise, an upset looms...?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast