Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The more I think about this, the more it worries me

George Colli ‏@GeorgeColli
    Sources from Providence College say Xavier, Butler and VCU are the most likely choices to join Catholic 7 in new 10-team league

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    George Colli ‏@GeorgeColli
    Sources from Providence College say Xavier, Butler and VCU are the most likely choices to join Catholic 7 in new 10-team league
    By far the best choices, IMO.

I agree, MUfan12. Dayton and SLU's inclusion would do nothing for me.

Why are you crying over spilled milk, Iceman? The 7 presidents and ADs voted to leave the Big East as a group already. They are already seeking out Butler, Xavier, etc. They seem assured of a decent TV money contract and are assured of automatic NCAA bid. Football schools killed the Big East and are ruining other conferences too. Let's get away from football schools that cannot wait to drop us for someone else.

I've seen this tweet, the Hunt article and Gary Parish had a tweet tonight and while Xavier and Butler have been consistent from the 3 sources, the third school has been different from each source.

I really think Gonzaga should be seen as a must-add if they'll come. I know all the travel issues, but they bring more cachet than any other team not in a BCS conference in the country. Their sustained success is unrivaled among mid-majors and they clearly have a dedication to a quality basketball program. Along with Xavier and Butler I think they are at the top of the list.

And Iceman...the idea of holding on because Louisville, Notre Dame, and some of the others might be there one more year is just silly. This season will go on as scheduled. Beyond that, what's the point? There's no TV deal in place and none of the schools that committed elsewhere are coming back. Is it worth passing on this in the vain hope that Duke will decide they don't need the $17M from the ACC every year and it's better to dissolve their football program and join us for $2M per year? That's ludicrous. Or maybe it's worth sticking because UConn and Cincy are that much more valuable to play against than Butler and Xavier? Never mind that it automatically means we also will play teams like SMU, Houston, and Tulane, all sub-200 RPI last year.

Staying is pointless. And besides, the decision has already been made.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123