Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sad day for Marquette fans

I also hope MU does something before the badger game, maybe like a video tribute and moment of silence.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    I also hope MU does something before the badger game, maybe like a video tribute and moment of silence.
    In Europe, instead of a moment of silence before games, sometimes they do a minute of applause. I'd love for MU to do that. Rick did a lot for MU without a lot of thanks, I think it'd be a nice way to honor him.

Excellent article. There was an awful lot of Al in Rick. Two individualists.

I believe it was Fr. Kelly who was the Team Chaplain when Majerus became the HC. Rick had a bit of a temper with the officials and was picking up ill timed technicals. Fr. told him when he had to vent to vent to him. I remember times at the MECCA when Rick would start to lose it, make his way down the bench, start pounding the chairs near the good Fr. and scream at him. I am sure the good Fr. learned a whole new vocabulary during that time. It met two goals: Rick did not get a technical and when he was done, received absolution.

Even when with the Bucks, at Ball St., Utah and SLU (even his dalliance with UW - twice - ND and USC), Rick was always MU to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123