Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twitter blowing up about Ga. Tech to the Big Ten(15??)

But, in order to collect the NCAA tourney money, they'd have to stay in the league for five or six more years. In the meantime, the football schools hold the voting majority correct? They would just vote to add more crappy Bball schools with football right? Or are people hoping they just decide to leave? Where do they go?

You have to wonder if all of the 2013 recruiting class would have signed if all of this was happening a month earlier. In addition, things better stabilize before summer or Looney and others may be just a dream in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    I believe this is the inherent danger Crisco. The problem is, since all of this is about money, and the BB only schools are now going to be the ones to suffer the most, they too will "take the money" and wait this out to collect the $$$ from all the departing schools, then AFTER the check has been cashed, look to get out. You're right, the problem is, they may keep adding crappy basketball schools, but I guess the gamble or thought by the BB schools would be that they could be gone before they ever had to play a Tulane or SMU. Not sure where they would go, or how the details would all work, but it's something I hope that Larry is staying on top of. MAYBE just MAYBE with LW being well connected to Notre Dame, maybe things could end up better for MU then some other BB only schools, if ND can somehow throw around their weight, and get MU in a safe place, but I'm not betting on it. What IF, and this is a HUGE reach, but what if ND tells the BIG, ok, we'll join the conference as a full member...BUT we want Marquette as well. You don't think the BIG wouldn't jump all over that?? Anyway to get ND.
    Well LW would suddenly be a little more popular if that happened.

I believe this is the inherent danger Crisco. The problem is, since all of this is about money, and the BB only schools are now going to be the ones to suffer the most, they too will "take the money" and wait this out to collect the $$$ from all the departing schools, then AFTER the check has been cashed, look to get out. You're right, the problem is, they may keep adding crappy basketball schools, but I guess the gamble or thought by the BB schools would be that they could be gone before they ever had to play a Tulane or SMU. Not sure where they would go, or how the details would all work, but it's something I hope that Larry is staying on top of. MAYBE just MAYBE with LW being well connected to Notre Dame, maybe things could end up better for MU then some other BB only schools, if ND can somehow throw around their weight, and get MU in a safe place, but I'm not betting on it. What IF, and this is a HUGE reach, but what if ND tells the BIG, ok, we'll join the conference as a full member...BUT we want Marquette as well. You don't think the BIG wouldn't jump all over that?? Anyway to get ND.
    I agree it's a HUGE reach and I don't think there's a chance of MU ever being invited to the Big Ten or any other conference that has a football focus.

What IF, and this is a HUGE reach, but what if ND tells the BIG, ok, we'll join the conference as a full member...BUT we want Marquette as well. You don't think the BIG wouldn't jump all over that?? Anyway to get ND.
    1. ND would never make that ultimatum
    2. The Big 10 would never take it anyway

If the Big 10 was that willing to get ND, why won't they alter their revenue distribution to allow ND to keep its own TV deal? The Big 10 will only accept them under the conferences terms.

What IF, and this is a HUGE reach, but what if ND tells the BIG, ok, we'll join the conference as a full member...BUT we want Marquette as well. You don't think the BIG wouldn't jump all over that?? Anyway to get ND.
    You mean like they did when we moved with them from the BE to the ACC?

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    You mean like they did when we moved with them from the BE to the ACC?
    Good point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123