Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article on Wilson and Burton

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephys View Post
    Digger Phelps?
    No, our beloved AD.

Worth repeating......

"Truthfully, I didn't want to go to Marquette," Burton said. "But I fell in love with (coach) Buzz (Williams). And the more I thought about it, I just thought I could become the face of Wisconsin basketball."

Wilson agreed.

"All the way through, we both said we probably wouldn't be going to Marquette," Wilson said. "But Buzz was different than most coaches.

"He never talked to me about basketball. It was all about life and what I'd be doing 20 years from now. And Marquette is just a big family."
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I think ultimately Derrick will be backup player for MU for 4 years. Nothing wrong with that. I think you give the keys to Duane(like Crean did with DJ) and live and die with him. His upside down the road is worth the intial growing pains.

You can't start DW, Vander, O'Tule, Jamil and Juan. Not enough scoring. No playmakers. No shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I think ultimately Derrick will be backup player for MU for 4 years. Nothing wrong with that. I think you give the keys to Duane(like Crean did with DJ) and live and die with him. His upside down the road is worth the intial growing pains.

You can't start DW, Vander, O'Tule, Jamil and Juan. Not enough scoring. No playmakers. No shooters.
    Yes you can ... if the D stands for Duane and not Derrick ...

I stand corrected......
    Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Yes you can ... if the D stands for Duane and not Derrick ...

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Yes you can ...
    Nice shot of you on the Jumbotron last night Mac.

Marquette now has more Wilson's then the Beach Boys!

And how many first names starting with J or D?

JuJuan, Juan, Jamil, Jameel, John,Jamal, Derrick, Duane, Davante, Deonte, ?

Not counting Junior since he will be gone.

What about Jake?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Nice shot of you on the Jumbotron last night Mac.
    Thanks Jim. My daughter tried to keep me out of the picture, but I made it in! Sometimes you just have to be forceful!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast