Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tourney Thread

No question, that was a foul, and allowed the eye poker to win it for Iowa.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    My point was more along the lines of when it comes to hoops, the 'power 5' conferences are the the be all end all like most think of in football.
    I don't like it, but I often hear references to 'power 5', and I was happy to see those conferences were not winning like many think they should.
    And my point is, the Big East is in the same class as the "Power 5" by all objective measures and it's a "Power 6" in basketball. I am also enjoying the struggles of the overrated Pac 12 and B1G, but we are part of the haves and not the American, A-10, and everyone else.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Leave it to a Michael Stephen's led crew to allow a 2 handed shove in the back by Adam Woodberry to get the put back to win it for Iowa over Temple. Would have loved to see another BIG1011121314 team go down.
    Yeah, it was a shove and was obvious. The ref swallowed his whistle. That said, the majority of the officials would have swallowed their whistle in that situation. Not just this crew.

I pull against the big10 teams. Part of me, though, wants to see the coronaries from the badger fans if Iowa, Indiana and Maryland are the only one's to advance. The ones they denigrate the most.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    And my point is, the Big East is in the same class as the "Power 5" by all objective measures and it's a "Power 6" in basketball. I am also enjoying the struggles of the overrated Pac 12 and B1G, but we are part of the haves and not the American, A-10, and everyone else.
    I believe goose's post missed a "not" in there. I am guessing he meant to say his point is the Power 5 are not the end all be all in hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    I believe goose's post missed a "not" in there. I am guessing he meant to say his point is the Power 5 are not the end all be all in hoops.
    Not necessarily, and I'd much rather have the SLU job then Rutgers for comparison, but it is still better to be part of the haves. With our performance on the court and the resources of the TV contract, the Big East is part of the haves ("Power 6").
    #BringShakaHome

BIG10-14 escapes again with Maryland hanging on for dear life against South Dakota St.

And Greg Gard looks to be continuing the tradition of coaching unwatchable basketball at the government school

Pitt and UW just set college hoops back 50 years with that first half

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    Pitt and UW just set college hoops back 50 years with that first half
    Let's think about this...... in 2 games, the UW final four game in 2000, and the current game against Pitt, Wisconsin has set college basketball back 100 years combined!

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Yeah, it was a shove and was obvious. The ref swallowed his whistle. That said, the majority of the officials would have swallowed their whistle in that situation. Not just this crew.

I pull against the big10 teams. Part of me, though, wants to see the coronaries from the badger fans if Iowa, Indiana and Maryland are the only one's to advance. The ones they denigrate the most.
    Yep. My feelings also Mac.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast