Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Olympian?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I would say that you are also going to have Paul, Westbrook as PGs, and then likely Love and Harden. All four were on the 2012 team and are very likely to be retained.

Then it comes down to roles. There has to be another center there - I would guess Aldridge. I would think Butler would be in that mix for the final three positions then. Defenders...shooters...that is what they are going to want there.
    Giving it more thought, I think DC Warrior and you are correct in terms of Paul. Is there a better pure PG on the list who will maximize the talents of the other 4 better than Chris Paul? I don't think so. I think Kyrie Irving is more talented overall, but it is about team chemistry and how the 5 pieces fit together. Irving will still be on the roster, he deserves it and is a Dukie (Coach K is not cutting him, barring injury).

I stand my ground on Love. In Minnesota, he was given unlimited touches on a terrible franchise. On the #1 team in the East, with 2 Studs in James and Irving, the kid is struggling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123