Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: scout site

And removed it a week or so later. Look, I don't know what else I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    And removed it a week or so later. Look, I don't know what else I can say.
    There is nothing more to say. In all my years reading a message board, I think that may have been the most immature post I have seen from someone who wants to be taken seriously and not a troll. What's done is done.

The roll out went so bad that there will be a roll back to the original design.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    The roll out went so bad that there will be a roll back to the original design.
    Thank God!

Hey Sultan....

Last Memorial Day weekend…when we had thread that went on for three days about the value of a new arena in MIlw…I posted that it would be great for the community…you posted study after study that had a different conclusion…which is fine…reasonable people can differ…and when I have an opinion that I hold to be true, I don’t ‘cry uncle’ and change it very easily…and reply repetition is not persuasive. I thought we pretty much covered the topic.

I was getting PMs that indicated the issue had become tiresome to the board and it was time to go back to MU basketball topics….so I locked the thread …said that we had to move on…..and left for a Sunday dinner with my family….I returned at 10pm on Sunday night… to discover that you called me a ‘*****’ in a separate thread…and about 25 posters replied that you were an idiot.

…and after having posted 10+ posts over a three day period in the thread that I had locked…somehow accused me of ‘censorship’….WHAT? Ummm….I think censorship means preventing someone from expressing their thoughts…I locked a thread!?

Anyway…I left the board for 5 hrs and it went to hell…I try to operate a professional board…ie.."a big boy board"…my name is on the board….so I tend to be responsible for the content and quality…. and I don’t want to be a babysitter on the board…..I don’t have the time… some posters obviously cannot handle this…and many months later you are still posting about this…so I wanted to set the record straight.

I don’t know if you are a 15 yr old kid in his parent’s basement or this century’s ‘Ben Franklin’……but if you want to call me a ‘*****’ in the future have the guts to sign your name…not act like a little school girl with a screen name…

Here is a standard to live by….Would your employer…clients…students…fellow teachers…professors…patients…family members…friends…neighbors…be disappointed in you if they knew you came on a Scout.com message board and called the moderator a ‘*****?’

If so, don’t do it…if not, then comment but sign your real name…my name is there for all to see….

I banned you because I could not trust you and I don’t have the time to babysit the board…there…I have set the record straight…
    Last edited by DoddsOnSports; 10-08-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Brew’77…. interesting comments about Scoops and CS but not necessarily accurate …

I have a link to Cracked Sidewalks on my site…I talk to Tim Blair every time I am in NYC at the March Tourney…I think it is a great site…there was a statistical article that I thought was terrific…I met with the author and offered to give it more national exposure on the Fox Sports network. The author said ‘sure’ but he wanted to check it out first and was told that they would be uncomfortable with this given the competition. OK.

Cracked sidewalks and our site got off to a difficult start…Chicos, one of the original publishers came to our massage board and posted links every 5 minutes…trying to redirect traffic…when I asked him to stop…he did not…so I banned him…I think other sites have been driven nuts too and have banned him.

Later on, when IWB had 2 jobs phased out by mergers in 6mos…he wanted to write articles at the site for extra money while he looked for work..…I thought that would be a great idea...he went to an AAU tourney and interviewed people all day…he wrote 3 articles and posted them in the Scout premium board…he had 3 more ready to go…but 5 min after the articles were posted CS linked the articles…which was fine…but they did it after someone copied them and posted them on the Milw Journal website and linked to the JS site…Jimmy called me and said what was the point of publishing the other 3 articles…happy ending as a yr later, IWB was hired by the Journal and he looked up the IP addresses of the posters who copied the premium content….interesting to learn their identity.

I understand that they are no longer affiliated with CS …and that Tim never knew about the incident...

Regarding Scoops…I tried to add Kevin Buckley to our site when Ahoya went down…when I read some of the posts there, I just get the impression that we are not one big happy MU family… One poster on Scoops made a preposterous accusation that I once blackmailed him into working at my site. I wanted the guy to do some video work…as he had some impressive editing skills…and in the email asking if he wanted to work with us, I gave him a heads up to not spend a ton of time editing ESPN highlights of MU games…because ESPN was trolling YouTube to delete copyrighted highlights. Somehow, he took this to mean that unless he joined my site, it was only then, he would be able to continue to post the ESPN highlights. Really? How I was going to convince ESPN to allow this?…it made me think…whoa Nellie…

I am an attorney…I operate a financial services firm and I try to act with ethics and integrity…I don’t want my good name soiled for something as stupid as this…so I called a moderator at Scoops to have the post taken down…but to my surprise he would not take it down....which was disappointing…and it was classic when Chicos replied in the thread, ‘Blackmail? With Dodds, it is not surprising.’ Serves me right for running a Marquette fan board….I guess. Whoa Nellie #2.

Are we one big happy Marquette family of fans or would certain people love to see our side dry up and blow away? We have a very popular message board from all over the country…and a top network [when it is not being run by the IT dept]…On my board,a poster's link to Scoops, is it trying to promote info for fans or trying to attract/redirect traffic?? I will let you decide that one….that is tough to answer...it is hard to determine intent...esp at the office between calls...

In 2012, I have had a rough yr with time….a family member on my wife’s side moved into a retirement community and her house had to be fixed up and sold…it has been sold...thank you God!…and I am ready for a great yr of hoops…
    Last edited by DoddsOnSports; 10-09-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Honestly, let's just let this go. One of the best things that ever happened to me was being banned from the Scout site. I'm not being dragged back into this.

Quote Originally Posted by DoddsOnSports View Post
    Hey Sultan....

Last Memorial Day weekend…when we had thread that went on for three days about the value of a new arena in MIlw…I posted that it would be great for the community…you posted study after study that had a different conclusion…which is fine…reasonable people can differ…and when I have an opinion that I hold to be true, I don’t ‘cry uncle’ and change it very easily…and reply repetition is not persuasive. I thought we pretty much covered the topic.

I was getting PMs that indicated the issue had become tiresome to the board and it was time to go back to MU basketball topics….so I locked the thread …

Look, I sent you PM and apologized for calling you a name. And I will do so here again - I am sorry. It was done in a moment of frustration but shouldn't have let it get to me.

But you are kind of Monday morning quarterbacking the whole thing about the arena posts. I'm not going to get into it beyond that.

How about everybody all moves on.

Thanks
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234