Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What features should the new arena have?

So back to the original topic, I really like the idea of a bar/restaurant located somewhere in the arena where it's Open aired and over looks the floor. Something like TGI Fridays at Miller Park. Another aspect is that the Bradley center floor and walls are very bland, just cement and brick, I'd like to see more glass and color in the halls of the new arena, make it vibrant and more open in the cooridoors so it doesn't feel like a cement prison.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

http://populous.com/project/amway-center/ for the corridors/public/seating options?

http://populous.com/project/kfc-yum-center/ for the seating layout (basketball focus)?

Those are pretty cool links Ted. Now I'm sure Milwaukee won't get the Woodford Reserve, Evan Williams and Burnett's to sponsor our bars, I am sure Miller and now Pabst might have some interest.

I also like how they have so many components that focus on movement and also promote the areas around the stadiums.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Here is a question I have been wondering about. With the prices of NBA franchises at an all time high. The rumors of the NBA buying back the Bucks and selling them to the highest bidder for prices over a billion dollars to markets like Vegas and Seattle. Why doesn't the NBA just expand? Say two new expansion franchises for 1.5 billion each. Vegas and Seattle. Wouldn't that give each current owner about 100 million in cash? That has to be on the horizon with these new arenas going up. You could put them both in the West and move Minnesota and OKC to the East. Thoughts?

I think it serves the league's interest to have 1 or 2 markets waiting in the wings so cities like Milwaukee build an Arena when the league wants them too.

Talent dilution is also a concern.....http://www.ibtimes.com/could-nba-fin...estion-1818052
    Last edited by Markedman; 07-19-2015 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I think it serves the league's interest to have 1 or 2 markets waiting in the wings so cities like Milwaukee build an Arena when the league wants them too.

Talent dilution is also a concern.....http://www.ibtimes.com/could-nba-fin...estion-1818052
    Just seems logical with the growth internationally. I don't think two more teams to bring them up to 32 would significantly diminish talent. You have to think if someone is willing to pay 1.5 billion or so for a team that the owners will eventually want that cash. Here is an idea. Expand by two teams. The owners get a shitload of money, and cut the regular season back to 72 games instead of 82. That would eliminate some of the back to back games which are killers. The expansion fees could make up for some of the lost revenue. You could probably also add a mini playoff round with a couple of wild cards.
    Last edited by mufansince72; 07-20-2015 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post

Right now Louisville and Kansas City are also trying to get teams, St. Louis has also been mentioned in the past. There is plenty of cities that would still want a team... Now talent becoming diluted would still be a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    Right now Louisville and Kansas City are also trying to get teams, St. Louis has also been mentioned in the past. There is plenty of cities that would still want a team... Now talent becoming diluted would still be a concern.
    That issue has always been voiced whenever expansion is considered. Won't be an issue, IMO. Look at how many very good players miss the cut today...or ride the bench because the guy in front of him is a superstar.

VS

Talent dilution would probably help Marquette, with Jerel, Dwight, and Van all on the fringe of being in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSailor View Post
    That issue has always been voiced whenever expansion is considered. Won't be an issue, IMO. Look at how many very good players miss the cut today...or ride the bench because the guy in front of him is a superstar.

VS
    I whole heartedly disagree, there is already a lack of talent in the NBA, there is a big drop off between the have and have nots in this league. Look at the NBA draft for example, if you don't have a top 5 pick the odds of you getting a difference maker are slim, yes there are still diamonds in the rough, but it's not like there are a lot of guys out there. Now I don't think adding two more teams would tilt the scales dramatically, but why add more teams when you already have teams that aren't relevant because they can't attract stars. Sure guys like DJO, Vander, and Jerel might get more looks for end of bench spots, but let's be honest, who outside of Marquette fans really cares about that? They certainly won't sell tickets.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast