Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East Offseason Thread

His name has been mentioned but it quickly dies when he lets it known he isn't going anywhere. Philly is home for him.

I think the only flaw for Wright is he has had quite a few early outs in the NCAA tourney even as a high seed.

DePaul released their non-conference schedule today:

v Western Michigan
    @ Penn State
    v South Carolina (Neutral)
    v FSU/Hofstra (Neutral)
    v Indiana State/Norfolk State/Ohio/Tulsa (Neutral)
    @ UIC
    v Chicago State
    @ Drake
    v UALR
    @ Stanford
    v Northwestern
    v George Washington

12 games, 4 true road games, 3 neutral court. Pretty solid schedule for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    DePaul released their non-conference schedule today:

v Western Michigan
    @ Penn State
    v South Carolina (Neutral)
    v FSU/Hofstra (Neutral)
    v Indiana State/Norfolk State/Ohio/Tulsa (Neutral)
    @ UIC
    v Chicago State
    @ Drake
    v UALR
    @ Stanford
    v Northwestern
    v George Washington

12 games, 4 true road games, 3 neutral court. Pretty solid schedule for them.
    That's a really good schedule. Good balance, no awful-bottom RPI type teams except Chicago State but at least that's a intracity opponent. No huge home game, but solid ones.

I wish Marquette would put out their non-conference schedule.
    March Madness starts in November

Not so sure I view that as a decent non-conference schedule. Is there one team on that schedule that will likely be a Top 25 team? The two Big 14 teams are likely lower half of their league. Not sure about Stanford and South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Not so sure I view that as a decent non-conference schedule. Is there one team on that schedule that will likely be a Top 25 team? The two Big 14 teams are likely lower half of their league. Not sure about Stanford and South Carolina.
    Exactly why it's a good schedule. The best schedules minimize the number of top 25 and sub 250 opponents while stocking up on the teams in the middle. Less risk of defeat with the quality opponents outside the top 25, and less risk of RPI hits with teams that are on the basement.

I really wish Marquette would schedule like that. Make the marquee opponents second tier teams, but don't bring in the SWAC teams for the automatic wins, they usually hurt more than they help.

Sneaky Mullin

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille 1h1 hour ago Bronx, NY

Hearing third #sjubb assistant likely won't be done until after July live recruiting period. However, they will have four people on road.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    In summary, Purnell and his staff were a bunch of hacks.

http://www.depaulbluedemons.com/spor...071315aaa.html
    It would be great for the Big East if DePaul put a competitive team on the floor.

It has been no fun playing them in recent years when a loss to them could spell a real hit to post-season chances and a win do little for our RPI.

And Wojo has already demonstrated he can recruit almost no matter the competition.

Did we really need an article to confirm what we had seen on the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    In summary, Purnell and his staff were a bunch of hacks.

http://www.depaulbluedemons.com/spor...071315aaa.html

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast