Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brian Snow likes Cheatham

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    True, but I'd say he's off to a solid start. Full disclosure I have a man crush on him and just love his game as a collegiate pg.
    I have had this conversation with others, and for me it is very hard to tell as Ulis was surrounded by NBA lottery picks in his first year. He will be more of a focal point this year, so he will have his chance to shine.

The few times I saw him play in high school he could obviously score at a high rate and hit a lot of big shots but what I was most impressed with was his ability to be an absolute floor general. He was the ideal pg from a leadership standpoint along with his ability to set others up - the game just seemed like it was in slow motion for him.

But to your point Goose, I don't think he will be able to be a primary scoring option at the college level but I do think he could average 12 pts and 8-10 assts a game by the time he is a senior and help out in so many intangible ways as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGoldenEagle View Post
    The few times I saw him play in high school he could obviously score at a high rate and hit a lot of big shots but what I was most impressed with was his ability to be an absolute floor general. He was the ideal pg from a leadership standpoint along with his ability to set others up - the game just seemed like it was in slow motion for him.

But to your point Goose, I don't think he will be able to be a primary scoring option at the college level but I do think he could average 12 pts and 8-10 assts a game by the time he is a senior and help out in so many intangible ways as well.
    For the record a total of only 10 college players have averaged 8 or more assists per game for a season in the last ten years. Only 3 players broke 9 per game. 2014 Jason Brickman at 10.0, 2012 Scott Machado 9.9, and 2012 Kendall Marshall 9.7. 8-10 assists per game is a hell of a feat.

Good stat - had no idea how incredible of a feat that is. Then put me down as changing my prediction I'll go with 7 assists a game (again this is assuming he is given the keys as the primary pg, which is a big if).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12