Incredible event last night. The best and most lucrative MU has ever had. A few factors: 1. Program momentum with Lovell, Scholl and Wojo; 2. Night before the Wisconsin game; and, 3. Board of Trustees met yesterday so they stuck around for the auction. It also did not hurt that the committee of Dennis Klumb and Jim Meier did a great job but, as always, Sarah Klaus and Joe True deserve the biggest kudos. Auction items were bid up to very high numbers. I could not tell you how much money was raised but it smashed all records supported by dinner with the Wojos going for approximately $55,000 (x2) and dinner with True, Joe Amplo and Dr. Lovell going for approximately $65,000 (with a Wojo appearance) (x2). So without anything else included there was $250,000 profit. The student who assisted Homer, a womens track athlete, gave an outstanding speech and she was getting hugs afterwards from complete strangers moved by her talk. There is a momentum around the program I have not seen since 1977 and last night was demonstrative. There was also a very positive buzz, so to speak, about Wojo's affect on the athletic department--a normal guy vs. Buzz and maybe TC. I think Scholl adds to that. I do not know what will happen today but last night confirmed for me that everything is headed in the right direction.