Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
I think the guard play will be pretty good (even without Mayo) and that we will be a good offensive team. However, I fear us getting killed on the defensive boards/inside the lane as Taylor does not alter shots and Burton was a terrible defensive rebounder last year for a guy with his size and athletic skills. I foresee us losing 80-75 type games against good teams before Fischer becomes eligible. A healthy Fischer will significantly shore up the interior, and allow Taylor and Burton to move down a position at times (and move Juan from a 4/5 to a 3/4). In his brief time at Indiana, Fischer had an excellent block rate and I think could become of the top defenders in the Big East (and he has strong offensive skills to boot).

You really have to take his stats at Indiana with a grain of salt. He racked up a lot of stats against the soft part of their schedule. He played four games against teams from top conferences (Washington, UConn, Syracuse, Notre Dame) In those games Indiana went 1-3. And here were his combined totals.

35 minutes
2/5 FG; 1/1 FT; 5 points
6 rebounds
1 assist
1 block

Not trying rag on the kid by any means, but he played like a freshman. I expect that he will have growing pains this year and is hardly the difference between a NCAA team and an NIT one.

And yeah, I also agree about the outsized expectations for Duane as well.