http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mor...mer/?eref=sihp

Some tidbits from Richard Deitsch's weekly MEDIA CIRCUS column:

If you want an example of how tough it is to defeat ESPN for fledgling networks: Fox Sports 1 televised 145 college basketball games this season, averaging 75,000 viewers. ESPN aired 117 games, and averaged 1.1 million viewers.

Ouch - was surprised that FS1 televised more games than ESPN as well. In any event, an example as to why FS1 needs to make a concerted and honest effort to land the Big 10 when is comes up for renewal in a couple years.

CBS Sports producer Charlie Bloom consistently does exceptional work. Here's his piece on the charity work of Marquette basketball coach Buzz Williams.

http://www.cbssports.com/video/playe.../0/buzzs-bunch

The next talent domino for ESPN management to address is Rece Davis, a standout studio and game performer whose contract is coming up. Davis was also interested in becoming Musburger's replacement, and currently calls ESPN's Thursday Night college football package, along with hosting college football and college basketball studio shows. "We love Rece Davis," Wildhack said in an SI.com interview last Thursday. "We love the work he does for us. Rece is a very important and valued contributor to what we do in the college space. I would like to see him remain in that position for years to come. We want him for a long, long time."

FS1, please go after him...PLEASE!!! He would add some instant credibility - would love for him to host a morning college b-ball program to go up against ESPN's Game Day. I really like him.

Another guy I would like FS1 to go after is Bob Ley. His excellent Outside the Lines show has been treated like crap lately. I'm only seeing it on Sunday mornings now. They've broken a lot of stories over the years and he is well respected in the industry. I could see him overseeing and hosting FS1's foray into documentaries, if in fact they plan to do so in the future. You can say all you want about ESPN, but I think, for the most part, their documentaries are very good and attract more eyes ads some more street cred to their offerings. I'd be interested in the ratings of last night's Big East special - I bet they were pretty impressive - they sure did promote the hell out of it. Bob Ley could also host their soccer coverage. Tried to find out his contract details and expiration, but couldn't find anything.