Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
He's already said that he wanted to be like Memphis. To dominate a weaker conference. Which is strange because the conference that Memphis was dominating was clearly a mid-major.

Exactly!! The current BE IS a mid major conference, I hate to say that but it is. I don't care how good the reputations of some of these schools in it are, the fact of the matter is, without some REALLY REALLY REALLY good fortune, there isn't/won't be one team in this conference(though I do hope MU becomes one) on a yearly basis that would have a legitimate shot of winning a National Championship. Not one. The old BE had probably 5 or 6 every year you could have made an argument for. How far MU has fallen in one short year(in stature) is quite frankly...unbelievable, no matter the reasons. If they were playing this badly in the old BE, okay they'd probably get a pass to some extent, but to be this bad in a weak conference, when you were a near unanimous pick to win it at the start of the year(even AFTER your stud Guard declared), just is dumbfounding. The fact that MU is in the lower half of a bad conference...is quite frankly, in a word...pathetic, and inexcusable. If they can't even finish well above .500 in this lame ass conference(every single year), then quite honestly, there is no hope for MU basketball. The fact that MU can't dominate this conference is absolutely pathetic. A program of MU's stature getting rolled game in game out by lesser programs?? That's something to be proud of!!

I don't like this new BE, and I never will. Period. It sucks. And unfortunately, so does MU this year, further pissing me off.