Quote Originally Posted by zklup54 View Post
I still think this team has got the talent, we just have yet to see them consistently play well. One game they can't shoot, but their defense is great, last night they shot great, but had poor defense. If they could just put it all together. I don't know if it is just me, but in every loss so far, besides maybe Creighton, we have come back to be only be down 1 or 2 or even tied, but we can never get that one basket to put us up. We usually always fall back to being down 4 or 5. It's frustrating because we are right there, but we don't have a player to close it out for us like we have had in the past.
You are absolutely right on this...the problem has been, that I have noticed in all their close losses, is they go away from Davante for whatever reason down the stretch. Last night, they got it close, and suddenly for whatever reason, they stopped going inside to Davante. Instead it seemed everyone wanted to go for the "kill shot" so to speak, and jacked up stuipd stuff, Xavier then pulled away. You MUST get davante touches down the stretch when it's close like that. Not many can stop him. Last night was another example of that.