Vander Blue - On still not knowing who they play....

It's like going out on your first date with your first girlfriend. Your hands are sweaty, you are nervous, you aren't sure what you should do, what to say or how you should act.... then you get there, and you still don't know what to do, what to say or how to act."

Buzz Williams

On the teams....

Both great teams, I have known both coaches for a long time. There are two teams from BYU's conference in our path, so I don't expect any help from the coaches out there, despite having been in that conference for four years. Iona had a better schedule than half the teams in our league, and they have transfers that are both from our league, or were recruited by our league. They also have Mo Mo Jones, so that team has some talent. Very good friends with both coaches.

On the process of scouting...

We were just breaking all of that out. Its harder now, as we only have two days to prepare for the opponent. Each coach takes a team to break down, our first opponent, our potential second opponent and we go from there. We will try to practice our normal routine first, as we can't give them too much information. I don't want to cause them confusion by giving them two different scouting reports. We will practice normal, until we know the next opponent, even though the staff will prepare for both.

Side note: I actually witnessed this - All of the coaches standing there trying to figure out who should scout who, based on relationships, styles, history etc etc. - Pretty wild.

On Junior's performance in New York....

Junior didn't have a bad game, we all had a bad game. The team had a bad game, I had a bad game. We peed down our legs in New York. Junior is the best point guard I have ever coached. Do you realize that if he didn't come back for those last 6 games and would have red-shirted, that he would have challenged Tony Miller for the assists record? I might retire from here when Junior is done because I doubt I'll ever have a point guard as good as he is.

On